Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

howdy from Texas

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by usafvet, Oct 11, 2018.

1. usafvet

usafvet Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger 2018 Ornament Exchanger

Hey everyone,

I haven't been on here in awhile as I was diagnosed with cancer in January. It has been a tough year with chemo, but I'm proud to say that it is now in remission. I'm sorry I've been out of touch because of that, but I just wanted to say hello to everyone and hope all is well with each of you.

2. Meceka

Meceka MMC Associate Editor MMC Lifer MMC Donor Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew 2018 Ornament Exchanger Santa's Elf

Hello and welcome back, usafvet!
    I'm sorry you've had such a rough year and I pray that the holidays will be bring you much joy and laughter!

3. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew

Glad to see you back.

4. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew Santa's Elf

Hello from another survivor—-congratulations on achieving remission, and may it stay that way! Glad you are through with the chemo so you can enjoy the holidays.

5. HomemakinGirl

HomemakinGirl North Pole Domestic Goddess MMC Lifer

Welcome back! I hope this holiday season brings you many blessings!

6. xmastidings

xmastidings Santa's Mentor MMC Lifer MMC Donor Christmas Card Exchanger 2018 Ornament Exchanger

Welcome back Usafvet. I’m sorry to hear that you had cancer but i’m also very happy for you, to hear that it is in remission.

Thank you for you service. My son just re-upped in the Maryland Air National Guard and he plans to make a career of it. He works full time in the Guard at the base. I myself am a Navy vet.

7. angelpugs

angelpugs Christmasologist MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum 2018 Ornament Exchanger

Welcome back,glad your in remission,please enjoy the merry fun with this christmas family. welcomewinterani-lm.gif

8. Jeff Westover

Jeff Westover Chief Santa Tracker MMC Founder Kringle Radio DJ Christmas Card Exchanger Santa's Elf

So glad to hear you're in remission. Wish we would have known you were going through that. It has been a tough year for many of us but that's a real rough thing go through. My heart goes out to you.

We are SO glad you're back!

9. irishsnow

irishsnow Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

Welcome back

10. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

I just came across a picture you posted awhile back & I was thinking how we haven't seen you for awhile!!

I'm glad you are back & so happy to hear you are in remission!! Wishing you much health & happiness in the coming years!!!

FrostyKnowsBest and xmastidings like this.
  11. usafvet

usafvet Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger 2018 Ornament Exchanger

Thank you all so much for the well wishes, prayers, and encouragement. I feel tremendously blessed to be in remission and am very excited for this upcoming season. Last Christmas I was feeling horrible...was running tumor fevers several times a day, didn't feel like celebrating in ways that used to bring me so much joy. I decorated for for my wife and kids (who love Christmas also) but I had no joy in doing it. I didn't feel well enough to undecorate until mid March (my HOA really was unhappy about that, but they understood once they learned I was battling cancer).

I'm looking forward to this Christmas season though. Going through and surviving cancer certainly has given me a thankful perspective for my life. I consider myself a man of faith, but the journey even strengthened it in a way that I want to make sure to go all out in giving glory to Him.

12. tgalata

tgalata Reindeer Pooper Scooper MMC Premiere Member

Welcome back and congratulations on the remission. As a survivor myself, I know the toll the last year has taken on you.

FrostyKnowsBest and RadioJonD like this.
  13. RadioJonD

RadioJonD ♪♫Mistletoe Mix-ologist♫♪ MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Kringle Radio DJ Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum Santa's Elf

Great to see you back, usafvet!

I'm happy that you kicked cancer to the curb! Hope the 2018 Season Thankful Perspective is a good one!

FrostyKnowsBest likes this.
  14. FrostyKnowsBest

FrostyKnowsBest Reindeer Rocketeer MMC Lifer MMC Donor

Welcome back and congrats on the remission. I hope you have an extra awesome holiday season!!

15. Bradmac

Bradmac It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year! MMC Lifer

Welcome back, usafvet! I'm sorry you've had to deal with that, but thank the Lord it's in remission!

I hope you're back at MMC to stay!