Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

For Sale I inherited a large Christmas display

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Dale3, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Dale3

Dale3 Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member

I inherited a large Christmas display that my dad used to build under the Christmas tree for many many years. Some of the items are very old and have been collected over the course of at least 50 years. All the items were hand wrapped and packed away each January when they were taken down. It is quite an eclectic collection. I haven't found myself putting this together and I hate to get rid of it, but I thought that someone from this forum would love it as much as my family did and get use out of it, he would like it to go to someone that would appreciate it. I have attached a few pictures, I have more available from various years. There are more items than shown as some things were rotated in/out from year to year. Please let me know if interested. In addition to the display pieces, I have many of the antique Christmas ornaments from the tree. Just posting this to see if there may be any interest. Pictures can be found at: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm3HFguF

HomemakinGirl and WintersElf like this.
  2. Jeff Westover

Jeff Westover Chief Santa Tracker MMC Founder Santa's Elf Kringle Radio DJ

Wow, that's pretty impressive. How much do you want for it?

3. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

That's QUITE a display! Thank you for posting a link to pictures.

4. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

Wow ! Many pieces I like but I am all the way in the UK. Good luck.

5. Skippy1707

Skippy1707 Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member

Wow!!!! What a fantastic display!

6. SinatraClaus

SinatraClaus Chairman of the board MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Talk Alum

Pretty awesome looking display!

7. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

Gorgeous!!!

8. angelpugs

angelpugs Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

It's just lovely i like the village pieces they are beautiful.

9. tgalata

tgalata Twinkle Light Checker MMC Premiere Member

Great pictures, and I have the exact same Nativity set (the one in the stable with the hay)!

Dale3 likes this.
  10. Jeniferdwn

Jeniferdwn Chestnut Roaster MMC Lifer

do you still have this? I love love love it!

Holiday likes this.
  11. Santa Paul Sheehan

Santa Paul Sheehan Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member

Would you consider selling the 'town' portion separately from the Nativity? How much are you asking?

12. Dale3

So sorry, for the VERY late reply. I'm willing to take what I can get, however I don't see how it could all be shipped, so it would have to be picked up in the Chicago suburbs where it is located. If there is serious interest, please let me know. Thanks

13. Dale3

Sorry for the LATE reply. Yes I still have this, I had to drop finding a home for this, but am now back at it. I can't image trying to ship this due to the overall volume of the items, so pickup in the Chicago suburbs would be required. I am not looking to get much if anything for it, I would like it to go to somewhere and be used.

Holiday likes this.
  14. Dale3

I would prefer it to all go together, but I could try and break it up if there was serious interest. I am concerned about shipping however so pickup in the Chicago suburbs would probably be required.

Holiday likes this.
  15. Dale3

Sorry I let this linger for so long, I would like to hear if there is interest in finding a good home for these items. thanks

16. Jeff Westover

I would love to come and get it. That's the kind of thing that deserves a year round display space that would serve a lot of people.

Holiday and e_xander like this.
  17. e_xander

e_xander Executive Producer, Tracking Santa MMC Lifer Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

If you do, let me know...I'm only about 5 hours NW of Chicago. I'd love to meet up with you.

18. Jeff Westover

That would be awesome! I wonder how many MMCers we could recruit to help load up a truck!

I was talking to a guy who owns several empty commercial spaces here along Main Street where I live. He told me he'd let me set up in one of those spaces as long as I didn't charge or sell anything.

I'd seriously do it.

e_xander and Holiday like this.
  19. e_xander

e_xander Executive Producer, Tracking Santa MMC Lifer Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

We have relatives that live in the suburbs of Chicago. We could make a trip of it and help you load up. If you ever do that, I'd love to see it.

Holiday likes this.
  20. Dale3

Jeff, I didn't know there were any replies, the email from the forum ends up in my spam box and I just now saw it. Is there a way to send a private message to someone in this forum? Or can I just put my email out to start with to make personal contact.

Thanks,
    Kevin R.