Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

I.....

Discussion in 'Traditions & Memories' started by elfworks, Aug 24, 2006.

1. elfworks

elfworks MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

collect snow globes and nutcrackers.

anyone else colect any specific xmas stuff?

xo

2. dvdelf

dvdelf MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

those little ceramic houses you paint.
    Lotsa do it yourself stuff

3. mrshfromjersey

mrshfromjersey MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

Don't lie honey...you collect anything that has ANYTHING to do with Christmas.

4. dvdelf

its not a lie
    I didnt say I didnt did I?

5. mrshfromjersey

mrshfromjersey MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

You are too cute....

:wiggy:

6. elfworks

YALL are too cute!

xo

7. digbugsgirl

digbugsgirl Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member

I collect nutcrackers, ornaments from places I visit, reindeer, and moose.

8. elfworks

moose and squirrrell????

:D

xo

9. sheepsnot

sheepsnot Guest

I had a collection of nice vintage lawn ornaments, but my wife made me put them back. Doh!

10. elfworks

madame sheepsnot seems a bit of a poohead.

:???:

xo

11. elfworks

tho she has married you so one must assume she has some class and taste!

xo

12. sheepsnot

sheepsnot Guest

Forwarding poohead remark as we speak...

13. elfworks

oh dear......

xo

14. AuntieMistletoeDear

AuntieMistletoeDear MMC Hostess of Christmas Online MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

:) Speaking of poohead - I love Winnie the Pooh and Piglet too!

When I was little, my dad hand painted the 100 Acre Wood with all the characters - oh how I loved imagining being there as I drifted off to sleep.
    For many years as teenagers and young adults, we bought our dad Pooh stuff that we liked in hopes that we would receive them for our children.
    Not yet. Still holding out.

I have a collection of children's storybook records - the old 45's.

I have so many different types of Christmas things, I can't imagine I have enough of one type of item to call any of them a collection.

15. dvdelf

theres a Pooh christmas dvd that I've been meaning to get. Do you have any pooh christmas?

16. sheepsnot

sheepsnot Guest

How long does it take to paint 100 acres? I painted a house once, but it was only a couple thousand square feet. OK, seriously, did it cover your whole bedroom wall?

17. Ervserver

Ervserver Guest

anything SANTA

:eek:

18. AuntieMistletoeDear

AuntieMistletoeDear MMC Hostess of Christmas Online MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

cheesy It's taken nearly two years to reply. Better late than never.

DVDGUY ~ I only have a few Pooh movies, my dad has more - mainly books. We had the Disney Encyclopedia when we were little and some of the original Pooh stories were in them - back when Kanga first moved to the forest and Rabbit started gossiping about her, etc.

My favourite is Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day.

I saw it a few weeks before I got married and cried like a baby because I was growing up - well thankfully my husband enjoys seeing the 'child in me' creep forward - it makes him feel younger too. I wanted to dance to Kenny Loggin's House at Pooh Corner at my wedding - that didn't happen, but I managed to swing it after our rehearsal. I told my family that was going to be "our song", they didn't believe me.

You old Sheep - you, it covered one full wall - started about half way up - Eeyore's Gloomy Place was there too.

Back to the things we collect ...

I'm pretty sure I'm starting to collect a little dust. HaHa.

19. Annette1990

Annette1990 MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

I have a few snowglobes. One of my favs. I had bought from a candlelite party. It was awesome but my daughter broke the globe accidently and I hope to someday have it repaired...the inside is santa and next to it is a rocking horse that rocks when it's wound up... It also plays music. The base has various children of the world holding hands all around it. It's all fine it was only the glass/globe that broke. It was awesome it even held a tealite candle on top of the globe. So...someday I hope to have it repaired!

20. mammaduke

mammaduke Guest

I collect angels, & wreathes. I have angels all over my dining room, & living room. We also have wreathes for every season & holiday.