Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

I'm hoping someone will know......

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Contented, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Contented

Contented Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

I'm hoping someone will know .....How to season a new cast iron frying pan?

Minta likes this.
  2. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

Just Google your question, or look on YouTube ... I know the info is out there in numerous places!

Minta likes this.
  3. Contented

Thank you Merry Carey.

Minta likes this.
  4. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Christmas Crew

They should already come pre-seasoned and the more you use it the more seasoned it gets. Do not clean it with soap, use kosher or sea salt. After cleaning it dry it really good and then place it back on the stove, turn the burning on to heat up the pan to make sure all the moisture is gone, wipe on a very thin coat of oil.

Contented likes this.
  5. Contented

Thank you Minta.This is what I was looking for.A tried and true way to do this.I'll do this in the morning.Again many thanks!

Minta likes this.
  6. Minta

You're welcome. I have 7 different cast iron pans :) I love my cast irons

7. Contented

My mama had a cast iron skillet she loved and used all the time.Theres so many things I wish I had of asked her.But better late than never.So I decided to drag mine out and start using it.I let you know how this goes.

Minta likes this.
  8. Minta

Once you get the hang of them you will love them.