Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Attention! Introduction - Christmas Expo

Discussion in 'Christmas Home' started by zman, Mar 24, 2017.

1. zman

zman Jack of all trades, Master of none MMC Premiere Member

Hey MMC members. I have been a long time member of MMC, not a lot of participation, but a lot of lurking. I have many, many forums and pages I am a member of around Christmas decorating, I just unfortunately have very little time anymore to contribute on a regular basis. I am Zman on all of them. Myself, I do one of he the largest outdoor Christmas Displays on the west coast, and am one of the Coordinators of our local decorating meeting, something we call C.L.A.P. CLAP is an acronym I came up with years ago that I wish I would have Copyrighted..... I use that in 2 ways. It stands for Christmas Light Addiction Problem, of which I have. Our local decorating meeting is called CLAP, which is, Christmas Light Addiction Program, for those who have the Problem...... I digress.

I asked Jeff if this post was OK, I hope this is in the right section.

I am also part of the national Christmas Expo symposium. Without going into a lot of history (which there is a ton) CE is today, the largest gathering of Decorators certainly in the USA, if not the world. CE is once a year at the same time, the 3rd weekend of July. This year it is July 13-15 in Nashville, TN. It originated in Gatlinburg, TN, but since 2014, it has moved to different cities. I have been an instructor at this event starting in 2010, and as of 2013, I am now part of the Education Committee. CE has a website (http://www.christmasexpo.com/) and Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/ChristmasExpo/) should you want to get more info.

Why am I bringing this up. One of the main things about Christmas Expo is education. While historically that has been almost solely aimed at Christmas and decorating outside. Christmas is much more than that. There is the inside as well. There is so much that goes on inside our homes at the Holidays. Music, decorating, cooking, entertaining etc.... It is the goal of Christmas Expo to be everything Christmas, not just outdoor decorating. This year the curriculum is even expanding into Halloween.

Christmas Expo is seeking individuals who may want to come to CE and be an instructor. Our primary need for 2017 is around the subject of Christmas Inside. To round out the curriculum, this is an important addition. However we are open to anyone who wants to potentially teach a subject at CE. Besides having a great time, and networking with some of the most creative decorators in the world, Christmas Expo will offer a free show admission as a thank you for teaching.

If this is of interest to anyone, please reach out to me via PM. If there are any questions fire away.

Thanks Jeff for allowing me to post!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    XmasDreams likes this.
  2. Jeff Westover

Jeff Westover Chief Santa Tracker Christmas Crew MMC Founder

This is great, Zman! Thanks for sharing and spreading the word. I would love to see some of the talented folks we know out there contribute to the effort. I think "Christmas Inside" is a huge topic that could include a LOT of things. It will be fun to watch this grow in the years ahead.

zman and XmasDreams like this.
  3. XmasDreams

XmasDreams Rudolph's Groomer Christmas Crew MMC Lifer MMC Donor

Guess might have to drive up that way since only hour away from Nashville.

zman likes this.
  4. RadioJonD

RadioJonD ♪♫Mistletoe Mix-ologist♫♪ Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa Christmas.com Alum Christmas Talk Alum

Checked "Interested" at the FaceBook Page.

XmasDreams likes this.
  5. zman

Jon, when you say interested, it that to attend, or to teach?

6. RadioJonD

RadioJonD ♪♫Mistletoe Mix-ologist♫♪ Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa Christmas.com Alum Christmas Talk Alum

Attend! A novice here.

7. zman

Hi all bumping this thread to see if anyone wants to share their knowledge on decorating on the Inside of your house for the Holidays. We still have an opening for this subject at Christmas Expo.