Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Is Santa Real?

Discussion in 'Christmas Controversy & Opinion' started by dowload, Oct 23, 2005.

1. sheepsnot

sheepsnot Guest

The best thing about believing is that you don't need hard core evidence to believe; you just do. Evidence convinces people who already believe that they were right all along, but unless your heart is open to it, no amount of evidence will do.
    :eek:

2. Ervserver

Ervserver Guest

Ever meet those people who even when hit in the face with fact they still dispute something? One can have all the evidence in the world and there will still be those who don't believe.

It's all in the attitude :???:

3. sheepsnot

sheepsnot Guest

I still think the bathroom scales are lying. Must be extra gravity in the bathroom.

4. Ervserver

Ervserver Guest

a govt conspiracy to backup their claims Americans are obese and thus the oil companies are justified in inflating the price of gas

5. sheepsnot

sheepsnot Guest

Gone to the Art Bell School of Gov't Conspiracy?

6. Ervserver

Ervserver Guest

He lives in Thailand now and thinks the govt there is trying to get him now.

7. sheepsnot

sheepsnot Guest

Art Bell really lives in Thailand? What for, other than the normal reasons sickos move there?

8. Ervserver

Ervserver Guest

After his wife passed away earlier this year he met a another Asian gal but she didn't want to move to USA. So he moved there and does his show from there via ISDN. He made a comment on his show one night that the officials there didn't like and now he thinks they are out to get him.

9. dvdelf

dvdelf MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

paranoia gotta love it

10. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member

[​IMG]

:smile:

11. Ervserver

Ervserver Guest

I stay far away from these during the holidays

12. ReineV

ReineV Christmas Connoisseur MMC Emeritus Member

what's a scale???

13. Ervserver

Ervserver Guest

something to do with a fish

:???:

14. cspelling

cspelling Tinsel Straightener Merry Forums Member

I remember the day I found out santa was real, I was a young one, maybe around 6 years old. My family and I were on vacation in Mexico and I had left my teddybear at the hotel, we arrived back in canada 2 days before christmas, I wrote a letter to santa asking if he could bring my teddy home. Well christmas morning there was my teady all wrapped up under the tree for me. It was a true christmas miracle. (I bet my parrents paid a lot of money to get that thing shipping back on time lol)

15. Ervserver

Ervserver Guest

I don't recall what age I began to think different about Santy...but he is real in my imagination

16. kidzrme

kidzrme MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

SANTA

I BELIEVE IN SANTA, AFTER ALL I DO HELP HIM BY KEEPING THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS ALIVE ALL YEAR LONG :D

17. Crimbo_Spirit

Crimbo_Spirit Twinkle Light Checker Merry Forums Member

I believe santa is real and he rules , so cpme on people keep te true christmas spirit alive and ho ho ho all the way lol :elf:

18. ASailrsWife

ASailrsWife Tinsel Straightener Merry Forums Member

Santa is very real in my heart and I still believe. My daughter will be 8 soon and I am dreading the day that she comes and asks me if Santa is real. I will tell her the same thing that my mom told me...Yes!

Michelle

19. Billy Battles

Billy Battles Santa's Doppelganger MMC Lifer MMC Donor

He better be cause hes coming tomorrow

20. Head Elf

Head Elf Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Like most of the others, if parents are letting their kids believe in super heros and aliens and such, why not Santa? I live by a person who will not celebrate Christmas because she says it's not a real holiday and she has told her kids this every year. And that there is no such person as Santa Claus. When the kids come down to my house and tell me that I have to break out my letter from Santa and my Elf Academy certificates and such. One year they told their Grandparents this tid bit (Grandpa is a minister) and he kind of went off the deep end. We all got together and explained to the kids that Christmas was infact real and so was the MAIN HEAD ELF. That the season is for love, innocence and giving not receiving. The first snow fall and the magic that is in it. The Good Tidings that everyone gives to each other. How we all forget our differences and come together as humans and enjoy the season. For those that are religious in nature, it's the time to remember the Nativity and how one baby overwhelmed the world. Jesus may be the king of Kings but it's his arrival that sends a message every year. It's not about the commercial side of things. I can almost think that it is one big birthday party for everyone because of one child. After that little speach the kids got into Christmas as long as their mother isn't around. The mother won't even come down when we are opening presents and she very rarely joins us for dinner. It's really sad......