Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Is there a war on...Happy Holidays?

Discussion in 'Christmas Controversy & Opinion' started by Jeff Westover, Dec 6, 2012.

1. AuntieMistletoeDear

AuntieMistletoeDear MMC Hostess of Christmas Online MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

I am enjoying this thread today. I value the opinions of others as it helps to see things through a different mindset.
    Thanks for contributing. :snowball

snowflake22 and NcGunny like this.
  2. NcGunny

NcGunny Candycane Wrangler MMC Emeritus Member

Trump is making Christmas "Great Again" he has been saying Merry Christmas.

3. Billy Battles

Billy Battles Santa's Doppelganger MMC Lifer MMC Donor

Just wanted to point out if they believe in God/Gods they are not Atheists

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  4. Christmas Rat.

Christmas Rat. Tinsel Straightener Merry Forums Member

So if holiday came from the old English Haligdaeg, or 'holy day'. Saying Merry Christmas or Happy Holy Day is both Christian in meaning.

The war on Christmas is a joke. Meant to bring fear to people who can no longer think for themselves.

Ornamentmaven likes this.
  5. Winter_Worlock

Winter_Worlock Cryo-Sorcerer MMC Premiere Member

If the season is in danger from anything, it's apathy, and that has nothing to do with diversity. Every year, this is the case with everyone I know. Less family gathers for holidays every year, and that feeling of togetherness is disappearing.

6. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

I say Merry Christmas to all...

snowflake22 likes this.
  7. Ornamentmaven

Ornamentmaven Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member

I love hearing both Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas. I now live in an area that is predominately Christian. I moved here a few years ago from a northern suburb of NYC that is approximately one-third Jewish. If a store clerk saw you buying something Christmas-sy they would wish you a Merry Christmas. Otherwise it was Happy Holidays! I remember my parents getting Christmas cards 60 years ago that stated "HAPPY HOLIDAYS" so this is nothing new. Also saying this includes the New Years holiday. I am always just thankful to hear either special greeting at Christmas time.

snowflake22 likes this.
  8. RavenHardt

RavenHardt Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer

I say Merry Christmas and it seems to push a lot of people off

9. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

I have to admit that I would love to say Merry Christmas all the time but I live in a very ethnically/religiously diverse area. I respect other’s religions and am cautious with my greetings. At the grocery store, I wait for the checkout person to say either Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays. I would love to wear a button that says “Merry Christmas” so people would feel free to say it to me. Happy Holidays is lovely and special, but I do miss hearing Merry Christmas also.

HollyJolly likes this.
  10. HollyKing

HollyKing Merry Monarch of Yuletide MMC Premiere Member

Check Zazzle. There are a ton of buttons like that.

Christmasplease likes this.