Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Scott Calvin, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Scott Calvin

Scott Calvin Christmas Fan MMC Member

Hey MMC!

Been meaning to start this a couple of weeks ago. Now we are going into the autumn months, Christmas is really going to step up a gear. I’m going to keep an eye out on any early signs of it in the stores over here in England and post up when I can.
    It might not get going until after a couple of weeks but I just wanted to create the thread and add, as and when.
    I’m also inviting you guys and girls to add to this thread as well as I enjoy seeing how the big event unfolds across the world.

Let’s do this MMC!

SC* :magic

2. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

It's always fun to start seeing signs of Fall/Christmas!!!

3. angelpugs

angelpugs Christmasologist Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

We have fall decor in our shops and stores around here all fall in craft places as well which i have gotten more supplies for my fall decor pieces.

Holiday and Scott Calvin like this.
  4. Scott Calvin

Scott Calvin Christmas Fan MMC Member

Everyone, please do add some photos. I look forward to seeing them and also sharing mine!

Holiday likes this.
  5. Moley

Moley Tinsel Straightener MMC Premiere Member MMC Member

The leaves here in the UK are beginning to change colour, but that's as much the effect of the recent dry spell as it is the quickening autumn, and the nights are visibly beginning to draw in. The season is a-turning!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  6. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

Selfridges have already launched their Christmas department and The Works has brought out their Christmas craft section. I also noticed Celebrations and Quality Street chocolate tins at Tesco. These are usually my first signs around August and they are right on schedule this year. I have also noticed a few restaurant adds and banners advertising Christmas bookings.

Although there are no tangible signs in shops yet, I have have noticed the toy sections expanding and Iceland is encouraging customers to start saving on their Bonus card for Christmas.

Such an exciting time, I love how it all builds.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    Moley, Holiday and Scott Calvin like this.
  7. novelist

novelist Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer

I haven't seen any signs of Christmas in stores., but plenty of Fall ones.

8. WintersElf

WintersElf Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member Christmas Talk Alum

no christmas yet...but yesterday Dollar Market and walmart had their fall stuff out

9. BexiBooWho

BexiBooWho A real life Who! MMC Premiere Member MMC Member

Hobby Lobby pretty much has ALL of their Christmas AND Fall out right now, and I know Old Time Pottery has started putting Christmas out and plans on having all of it out by mid-September. And whenever Target starts putting out Fall (I'm thinking around Labor Day) they always have a corner of Christmas lights in the back of the Autumnal/Halloween section! It's getting closer and closer everybody! <3

10. Moley

Holiday, tsah and Scott Calvin like this.
  11. Festive Spirit

Holiday and Scott Calvin like this.
  12. BexiBooWho

There are MANY reasons why I wish I lived in the UK but places like The Range and Homesense (and Primark) are some of those reasons!

13. Festive Spirit

Hope you get to visit!

Holiday, Scott Calvin and BexiBooWho like this.
  14. BexiBooWho

I will actually be in London for 10 days in October! My first time, and I am SO excited!!!

15. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Santa Clausologist MMC Lifer MMC Donor Christmas Talk Alum

We have Homesense in Canada, but I’ve never heard of the Range.

16. Festive Spirit

wooo hoo! How exciting! If you are shopping on Oxford road, Selfridges have already launched their Christmas department. Have fun!

Holiday, Scott Calvin and BexiBooWho like this.
  17. tsah

tsah Chestnut Roaster MMC Premiere Member

There's a Garden Centre here in Scarborough (Deans) that has its decs up from the 1st October every year...I drive by every morning / evening and they will soon be taping off the windows whilst they get to work on their display!

Once the windows are taped up I see the season as officially begun :)

Scott Calvin and Holiday like this.
  18. Moley

There is a nearby garden centre - The Keydell in Horndean, Hampshire, UK - who put on a sumptuous Christmas display every year. This is last year's...

http://www.keydellnurseries.co.uk/christmas

I'll let you know when they have this year's ready; it's usually at the beginning of October.

19. Moley

Scott Calvin, tsah and Holiday like this.
  20. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

Scott Calvin likes this.