just a groovy little tidbit

elfworks

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 5, 2006
texas
whilst here on exile island, ive started doing a bit of gardening. (something i love to do but rarely have the room or time for) anyway, yesterday, planted some sage. i love fresh sage in dressing but it is so freaking expensive!! really looking forward to harvesting my own sage this year.

also planted thyme, sweet basil, rosemary, several mints, several different lavenders, tarragon and some greek oregano.

am going to do strawberries and tomatoes soon as it gets more consistently warm. the deer are going to be sooooooooo happy!!!
:D

xo

dominick

MMC Emeritus
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 9, 2006
South Holland, IL
Glad to hear you have a hobby to keep you sane.

If I went through all that work, I'd be setting up ambushes for any critters looking for a free meal.

JayIsh

MMC Musicmaster, MerryChristmasRadio
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Aug 20, 2006
New Jersey
merrychristmasradio.com
I have alot of experience with Rosemary...this past week my wife cooked a delicious pork roast...It was fabulous...She used some herbs, Rosmary included...but the Rosemary was a little too course for her liking so she ground it up...IN MY COFFEE GRINDER!!! So this whole week I've had a delightful coffee/rosemary concoction...Quite a shock the first day...I've cleaned the grinder, she's cleaned the grinder and yet still we are reminded of what a strong personality Rosemary truly is...Oh well...If that's my biggest problem, I'm doin' just fine!!!

elfworks

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 5, 2006
texas
you need to get another grinder. never ever EVER mix your herb/spice grinder with the coffee grinder. ick ick ick!!! spend ten bucks on a new one!!

xox

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
I also love fresh sage and herbs in general. I agree spices are so darn expensive. I usually buy my sage at walmart they carry a brand called 5th Season and the sage is like .50 or 1.00...although I prefer fresh this ground kind isn't bad.. my dressing still taste great. I usually plant a few things in the spring/summer too. I usually do all my tomatoes in pots on my front deck of my house. I will definitely be putting in a real garden next summer after we build on to our home and get that out of the way.

dvdelf

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 22, 2006
I can see tony in the garden with a rifle now

M

mammaduke

I will be planting a garden again this year, for my vegetables I will plant tomatoes, corn, squash, pumpkins, & peppers .For herbs I already planted my garlic, I will also plant basil, sage & rosemary.
Can't wait until it gets warm so I can get out there into the garden again.

act_as_if

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 20, 2007
Orion, Illinois
yeah, my green thumb....is more of a brown thumb.

But my grandma has an awesome garden.

SparkleNana

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
May 19, 2008
Gardening is fun for me. Things can do great in one yard -- and the same plants can do terrible in the yard next door. Don't get discouraged. Keep asking questions and trying things.

JanaBanana

*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess,
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2007
I had a hge sage plant in my garden a couple years ago...

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image