MMC Legacy Brings Christmas Hits of the 1980s

ElfBot

MMC Newshound
Oct 17, 2005
Legacy Recordings has announced their lineup of re-releases of classic Christmas recordings including a compilation of classic hits of the 1980s titled Classic Christmas ’80s Album, an all-star anthology of seasonal songs from the worlds of pop, rock, rap and soul. The collection includes tracks from The Waitresses (“Christmas Wrapping”),...

Continue reading...

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Legacy Recordings has announced their lineup of re-releases of classic Christmas recordings including a compilation of classic hits of the 1980s titled Classic Christmas ’80s Album, an all-star anthology of seasonal songs from the worlds of pop, rock, rap and soul. The collection includes tracks from The Waitresses (“Christmas Wrapping”),...

Continue reading...
Very cool! I look forward to this!

Reactions: HollyJolly

'Tis the season

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Sep 6, 2010
Northern Ireland

Continue reading...

Cool, sounds like something to look forward to.

Reactions: HollyJolly

RadioJonD

♪♫~Guru of Yule Audio~♫♪
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2005
Moon Winx Motor Lodge
radiojond.tumblr.com
You know you’re getting old when:
The first Christmas albums to ever be released on Compact Disc from your youth are being rereleased again in a current digital form!

You know you’re getting even older when:
You keep clamoring/hoping/wishing for rereleases of the languished analog Christmas vinyl of your youth to a digital form of any kind! (Slowly but surely, more are every year!)

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
You know you’re getting old when:
The first Christmas albums to ever be released on Compact Disc from your youth are being rereleased again in a current digital form!

You know you’re getting even older when:
You keep clamoring/hoping/wishing for rereleases of the languished analog Christmas vinyl of your youth to a digital form of any kind! (Slowly but surely, more are every year!)
:) Truth!!

HollyJolly

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Jul 10, 2013
Christmas Station
www.twitter.com

Continue reading...

I am a bit on the fence...why below... Does it have anything not currently accessible on CD?

This is what our pal, Stubby is saying about the Legacy reissues.

Stubby pretty much sums it up. I think I have most if not all of that. I grew weary of non-original compilations a while ago. Basically, I want stuff I don't already have...or can't easily get. I say that as someone who has collected a good many Cds & LPs. I would repurchase Cds from Lps not already released on CD though.

Last edited:
Reactions: snowflake22

RadioJonD

♪♫~Guru of Yule Audio~♫♪
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2005
Moon Winx Motor Lodge
radiojond.tumblr.com
I am a bit on the fence...why below... Does it have anything not currently accessible on CD?

Stubby pretty much sums it up. I think I have most if not all of that. I grew weary of non-original compilations a while ago. Basically, I want stuff I don't already have...or can't easily get. I say that as someone who has collected a good many Cds & LPs. I would repurchase Cds from Lps not already released on CD though.

The mainstream Eighties have reached the perpetual rehash age joining every popular Top 40 Christmas song from the Forties on up.

The real crime in all of this is that, like every decade before, is that albums and tunes like Midnight Records' "A Midnight Christmas Mess" series from the Eighties won't get their reissue due anytime soon if at all. Well, at least not on any major label looking to cash in by saturating the market with the same tired hits.

Reactions: snowflake22

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image