Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Magazines

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by whitexmas, Sep 25, 2006.

1. whitexmas

whitexmas Mistletoe Hanger Merry Forums Member

Around the holidays i buy almost every magazine that is holiday related to get good ideas. :-D So...

What are your favorite magazines for ideas, recipes and crafts.....

I just bought the october halloween issue of martha stewart living. Its a very crafty good magazine. Excited for the christmas issue. :cool:

2. Ervserver

Ervserver Guest

Martha Stewart Living, Pillsbury recipe book, Country Living, Country Marketplace , Better Homes & Gardens Holiday issues. :wiggy:

3. caseydbell

caseydbell MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

Country living is one of my favorites :-D

4. joyful

joyful MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

Country Woman is one of my favorites.

Filled with warm family stories, recipes, beautiful pictures, decorating ideas and best of all NO advertisement pages or inserts.

They have several magazines besides Country Woman; Taste of Home; Country are just a few. I always look forward to the Christmas issue.

5. sheepsnot

sheepsnot Guest

I like the Christmas issue of nearly any magazine, but especially nice is the Reminisce Christmas issue. Great old stories and photographs. 8)

6. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

Christmas themed magazines are my favorite magazines!! But my very favorite every year is the Taste Of Home Christmas edition! I hope they never let me down! :-? Also Better Homes & Garden (though I haven't been all that impressed with it), Country Living, Home, Family Circle, Good Houskeeping, & Ladies Home Journal come to mind.

1 person likes this.
  7. MarthaK

MarthaK Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Sheeps, we're on the same page there! I LOVE that magazine.

My other favorite is the Saturday Evening Post. It's still being published, and it still features lots of Norman Rockwell. Their Christmas edition tops them all, even features articles like the classic "Yes Virginia, There is a Santa Claus."

Add: Country Living, Country Home, and Just Labs.

On another note: I just went down to the den, a room I don't use all that often, and found LAST YEAR'S editions of Country Living, Country Home, Reminisce, and the Saturday Evening Post.....I started reading them all over again. I need to get a life!

8. Ervserver

Ervserver Guest

I don't purchase EVERY Christmas magazine I see. There was one at the grocery store today that was $7.99 and after thumbing thru it There weren't much in it besides lots of advertisements and a couple recipes.

8)

9. sheepsnot

sheepsnot Guest

It's good to show restraint now and again.

10. HoHoHoHeeHeeHee

HoHoHoHeeHeeHee Tinsel Straightener Merry Forums Member

We have 2 awesome magazines put out by the same company. Actually I think it is a Spanish publication in the French language. Maybe if there are some Canadians here they may have seen it cause there is a price on the cover also that includes Canada (or maybe Quebec).
    The magazine is called "Mariane Maison" and the other "LEs Idees de Marianne" One covers more needle work but they are both extremely full of stuff. The first one has decopage papers included in every issue and I am waiting for the Christmas one to come out. Even Martha stewart would be jealous :D When I charge up the camera I will take photos of old ones from a few years ago and make a page on my album and share. I think it will be ok. ok?

:wiggy: :cool: :???:

11. Santa David

Santa David Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member

Well, I started getting the Better Homes and Gardens Special Editions many years ago, at least the Christmas Cookies and Holiday Cooking/Holiday Baking ones. I also like Southern Living's Home For The Holidays, and Martha's Christmas Cookies issue.

I just picked up a new one for this year, Paula Dean's Christmas. It's okay. Though my wife keeps hoping that sooner or later, Alton Brown will do a Christmas mag or book of some kind.

Santa David
    "wise men still seek Him"

12. Ervserver

Ervserver Guest

There more than a dozen Christmas editions on the racks now

13. Petronius

Petronius Ornament Craftsman Merry Forums Member

I also like the Reminisce Christmas issue.

-santa--santa--santa-

14. Petronius

Petronius Ornament Craftsman Merry Forums Member

Cousin James has gotten some Reminisce magazines. He likes the photographs.

15. Reindeer Herder

Reindeer Herder Twinkle Light Checker Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Ideals magazine. I have an extensive collection including almost every Christmas issue.

ponytramp likes this.