Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Mall of America to be closed on Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Thanksgiving' started by MerryCarey, Oct 6, 2016.

1. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew Santa's Elf

Interesting news story ... after being open on Thanksgiving since 2012, the Mall of America---the largest mall in the U.S.---announces that this year it will be closed on Thanksgiving Day.

2. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew

I hope mores stores follow them. I love Black Friday shopping but on Friday.

3. novelist

novelist Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

It's so nice to see stores closed on major holidays, giving it's employees a chance to celebrate the holiday with their families. I think too, it ads to the excitement of Black Friday

He_Is_Born, xmas365 and MerryCarey like this.
  4. NutcrackerGeek

NutcrackerGeek Reindeer Pooper Scooper Merry Forums Member

Lots of stores are doing that this year, thankfully.

Retailers are finally realizing that starting Black Friday on Thanksgiving is a terrible idea

MerryCarey and xmas365 like this.
  5. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew Santa's Elf

6. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

Good for any store that is closed on Thanksgiving!!!!

He_Is_Born and novelist like this.