Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MMC in person

Discussion in 'Christmas Together' started by Christmasplease, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Hi all, happy New Year’s Eve!

I was just wondering, in all MMC’s years, has there ever been a face to face event for members? I know we are all over the globe, but I was just curious. I thought it would be so cool if an event was set, even 2 November’s or December’s from now to meet and greet!

2. Jeff Westover

Jeff Westover Chief Santa Tracker Christmas Crew MMC Founder

We nearly did it for our 25th anniversary a year or so ago but I couldn't pull it off. It's still on my list!

These days, I'm actually thinking a cruise might be fun if there was enough interest in it.

3. Christmasplease

Well, I can’t do a cruise but I would be there to send you all off!!!!

Let me know if you would like to make plans for anything in the future, mayb I could help.-smile-

Ryan and xmastidings like this.
  4. Christmasplease

I went to Bronner’s CHRISTmas Wonderland in Frankenmuth, Michigan ten years ago. It was amazing there. The town was beautiful. I went in August and everything in and around the Wonderland was Christmassy! There were lovely hotels and lots of sight seeing to do. Just a thought.

Anyway, whatever the plan, it would be very exciting to meet people face to face. After all the people of MMC are some of the kindest people I’ve never met!

+i

5. angelpugs

angelpugs Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

That does sound nice i don't travel though,actually there is so much beauty here and so many things going on it keeps a person busy,if this does happen would love to hear the stories.+d

6. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa MMC Donor Louann Jeffries Award

When one was in the planning stages a couple years ago, part of the plans was to make some of the meeting accessible online, so that people who couldn’t get there could join in remotely. I’m sure that would be part of any future plans.

7. Christmasplease

angelpugs, we have been chatting for years, all the way back to Christmas Talk Times. It would be wonderful, if you joined online!+h

8. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa MMC Donor Louann Jeffries Award

Remember, there is a chat always open on MMC:
    http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/chat/

We used to have the occasional scheduled chat when several people would join in, but that didn't happen this year. Doesn't mean someone couldn't organize a chat sometime!

9. Tim Babb

Tim Babb Twinkle Light Checker Knights in the Service of Santa MMC Donor MMC Premiere Member MMC Partner

Ever think about renting out a venue and doing a live recording of the podcast? That seems to work for a lot of podcasts I listen to

Ryan and Christmasplease like this.