Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Need some insight

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sherry Lynne, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Sherry Lynne

Sherry Lynne Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Hello my Christmas friends I have a question. I have 19 grandkids and was thinking of doing something different this year for them. I love Christmas my family knows how much Christmas means to me and I know it's not about gifts but I love buying for my grandkids but we don't have lots of money like we used to so this year I was thinking about getting Christmas stockings for each one of them and put their names on it and fill them up with things. What is y'all opinion on that do y'all think kids would like something like that from pawpaw and mawmaw?

Contented and sugar142286 like this.
  2. sugar142286

sugar142286 North Pole's RN MMC Lifer

I think this is a beautiful idea. As family and I know my family would feel this way, it’s the thought that counts. This would be something your grandkids will cherish and can take with them throughout life. It would be a wonderful gift!

Contented likes this.
  3. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

I think they would cherish those personalized stockings. What a wonderful idea!

Contented likes this.
  4. Sherry Lynne

Thank y'all for your thoughts. I'm going to start getting stockings and putting their names on them, then start collecting things to put in them. My grandkids range from 19 to 1 year of age. We have been blessed with a big family. Any unquie ideas for the older ones are welcomed lol. Thank you again my merry friends.

Contented and sugar142286 like this.
  5. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

I know some people are against 'em, but the older ones might appreciate gift cards. There are lots of ideas on the Web for wrapping/presenting them in creative ways. Or something fun and useful, like a set of different-colored pens, say, or a fun-shaped USB thumb drive. And maybe some little hand-made item for each, whatever the age.

The beauty of having so many stockings is that each one will be unique---it'll be so much fun when they're opening their stocking and sharing what they got!

Contented likes this.
  6. Contented

Contented Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

I think they will love it.I have already started collecting things for stockings.Dollar Tree,Family dollar.Gen.Dollar ,....etc are all great places to shop for those grandkids stocking stuffers.Containers of candy are great to.I give you 5 stars for your idea.

7. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Christmas Crew

Travel size bottles of lotion
    pocket size packs of tissues
    travel size pack of hand wipes
    hand warmers
    gum
    candy
    snack size bags of cookies
    small bags of trail mix
    Nail polish
    Nail polish remover
    chap stick
    gloves ( the ones that you can pick up for $1 or 2 for $1)
    ornament
    Hot coca mix
    Color pencils/Pens (back to school time is the perfect time to pick these up)
    mini flashlights

If you have a dollar tree near you they usually have some great brain teaser games around the holiday season.

8. sugarmuffin25

sugarmuffin25 Christmas Fanatic Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

I think stockings are a great idea! My maternal grandmother has been gone for 25 years but when I remember Christmas at her house as a child, my mind goes right to the stockings she stuffed for us. Sure, she got us other presents too, but her stockings were so fun because she found the best stuff to put in them. That is the memory I take away from Christmas with her because stockings were personalized for each of us and I loved the thought she put into them!

9. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Another suggestion is include 1 coupon from meemaw and pawpaw to spend quality time or doing something with each child one-on-one. For example, if you have a granddaughter that likes to bake, she can bake with meemaw or pawpaw and no other kids included. Or if one the grandsons plays, sports, meemaw or pawpaw can attend their soccer or baseball game and that time is dedicated to that grandson.

10. Sherry Lynne

That's a good idea thank you