Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

New Christmas Music 2018

Discussion in 'Music' started by RachRon, Aug 6, 2018.

1. RachRon

RachRon Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member

This is the time of year I always start to wonder and maybe start hearing who may be coming out with a new holiday album this year . But I have yet to hear anything yet does anyone else have any insight?

snowflake22 and Holiday like this.
  2. RadioJonD

RadioJonD ♪♫Mistletoe Mix-ologist♫♪ Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa Christmas.com Alum Christmas Talk Alum

3. RachRon

So on the flip side of this I was researching the oldest Christmas song and I came across a song called “The Friendly Beasts “ supposed to be from the twelfth century quite a good song a I had never heard that before .

4. RadioJonD

RadioJonD ♪♫Mistletoe Mix-ologist♫♪ Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa Christmas.com Alum Christmas Talk Alum

I can't remember the first version of "The Friendly Beasts" I ever heard. The one by The Louvin Brothers fits the format of my weekly radio show so that's the one I hear/play most.

Thanks for sharing that, RachRon. I wasn't aware of the history behind the song.

Maybe I'll research a version to include in a 2018 Santa Track hour. Peter, Paul & Mary perhaps?

RachRon likes this.
  5. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa MMC Donor Louann Jeffries Award

There’s a Burl Ives album with a tune that’s not quite what we know as the tune today ... based on the content of the album, it may be closer to the original version. I’m sure you know which album I mean.

2C88FDBD-3B2A-406E-AA0E-7BB03AB7B32E.jpeg

RadioJonD likes this.
  6. RadioJonD

"Merry Xmas" - Eric Clapton

Coming October 12, 2018

Click the cover art for Stubby's blog post.

[​IMG]

1. White Christmas
    2. Away In A Manger (Once In Royal David's City)
    3. For Love On Christmas Day
    4. Everyday Will Be Like A Holiday
    5. Christmas Tears
    6. Home For The Holidays
    7. Jingle Bells
    8. Christmas In My Hometown
    9. It's Christmas
    10. Sentimental Moments
    11. Lonesome Christmas
    12. Silent Night
    13. Merry Christmas Baby
    14. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

RachRon and Meceka like this.
  7. Meceka

Meceka MMC Associate Editor Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa MMC Donor Louann Jeffries Award

I am so looking forward to this one! Thank you for posting the release date, RJD!!

RadioJonD likes this.
  8. RachRon

I just heard about this one today hopefully more news to come .

RadioJonD likes this.