Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

New Traditions For Little Ones

Discussion in 'Traditions & Memories' started by Jason rhodes, May 26, 2019.

1. Jason rhodes

Jason rhodes Reindeer Handler Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Hey guys!
    I come from a big christmas family. We had a lot of traditions that I am trying to pass on to my 4 and 1 year old boys, but I’m always looking for something new. What are/were some of your favorite childhood traditions or memories?

2. Jeff Westover

Jeff Westover Chief Santa Tracker MMC Founder Santa's Elf Kringle Radio DJ

My grandsons -- now 6 and soon to be 4 -- finally got into the Santa tracking last year. That's something we do a lot of here.

e_xander likes this.
  3. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

My kids liked to have a scavenger hunt with their Christmas presents. I would stick a puzzle piece to each present and place clues all over the house. When the kids found all their presents, they put the puzzle together and that would spell out their big Christmas present.

4. Jason rhodes

Jason rhodes Reindeer Handler Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Both of those are great ideas!

5. Christmas24/7

Christmas24/7 Snowman Engineer MMC Lifer

We started "wiseman gifting" when our kids were little. Santa brings 3 gifts to each kid and they are wrapped in Santa paper unique to each child. Rather than using tags, a scrap of the unique paper is put into their stockings so 5hey have to match up that paper to the gifts under the tree to see who the gifts belong to. :)

6. oldncrusty

oldncrusty Tinsel Straightener Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

I used to get my sister's kids a new ornament every year. It would always reflect something they were interested in at the time, such as Harry Potter or hockey. When they leave home they have a fair number of decorations for their tree, and they all have memories attached.
    I now do this for a couple of my friends children.