Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

NYC at Christmas

Discussion in 'Christmas Together' started by happyelf, May 28, 2018.

1. happyelf

happyelf Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer

Hi All!
    We’ve just taken the plunge and booked a trip to NYC 26-31st December - all 6 of us - the children’s first visit to USA

Anyone any experience, ideas, they’d like to share with me? I’d be very appreciative

Thanks in advance

Minta and ballcoach like this.
  2. XmasDreams

XmasDreams Rudolph's Groomer Christmas Crew MMC Lifer MMC Donor

NYC is beautiful at Christmas time. Biggest must will be going at night to see the light at Rockefeller center and don't forget the ice skating. Be preparied for lots of traffic issues the day you leave. Lots of closed roads for new years so make sure you don't miss flight home.

Holiday, Minta and happyelf like this.
  3. happyelf

happyelf Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer

Very good tip re roads closed I didn’t think about that! Think we are due to be collected at 3pm, might make it abit earlier just in case

Holiday, Minta and XmasDreams like this.
  4. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor Christmas Crew MMC Lifer

Time Square is a great place to visit to and is very crowded. Most people are nice enough but there are few who try to sell you trinkets for money, avoid them. Central park offers horse carriage rides, there is a short trip through part of the park and longer one through a larger part of the park. Central Park also has a zoo but they are very limited on what animals they have there as it is a very small zoo. Here is a link of store fronts to visit on a walk tour to see the Christmas Decorations. https://www.tripsavvy.com/christmas-windows-walking-tour-map-4134971.

Holiday and happyelf like this.
  5. Ornamentmaven

Ornamentmaven Chestnut Roaster MMC Premiere Member MMC Member

Don't forget the other non-Christmas things to-do - like the statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, the Empire State Building, Metropolitan Museum of Art, etc. Also get tickets to see the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall (only a few blocks away from the tree at Rockefeller Center). I was born in NYC and lived and worked there for many years - maybe I can answer some of your questions