Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

On the "Ledge" 2017/2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NcGunny, Dec 11, 2017.

1. NcGunny

NcGunny Candycane Wrangler MMC Emeritus Member

Here we are again folks!! Its that time of year when you are turning into a basket case, having chest pains or maybe just getting a odd shake in your hand. Maybe even that vein in your temple is trying to make a fist at everybody you walk by.
    Maybe you fret at the idea that Christmas will come and you wont even notice because you are so "busy"?
    OR....maybe you have hit the ledge because Christmas will soon be here and forgotten until next year by most of the world. Here is the thread to post in so we can help out. Come off that ledge people and get warmed up!
    NcGunny has 1 bit of advice...Time Management. Shop early, wrap early and bake early!!

Holiday and Edge612 like this.
  2. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

Great thread Gunny. It's a very weird feeling to be 2 weeks from Christmas (which is our ultimate goal starting December 26th) and yet you have a partial fear almost of it coming because you don't want this time of year to end. How do you enjoy it if you are going to be afraid of it ending? I think that I find myself on the ledge this time of year but when we get closer to it I actually come off the ledge because my excitement for Christmas Eve and Day surpass my fear of it ending. Then on Christmas night I'm sure we'll be texting like last year about planning Christmas 2018. It is a tough cycle but I always say the best way to look at it is not to be afraid of it ending...because if it doesn't end then it will never have happened.

Holiday and NcGunny like this.
  3. NcGunny

Neighbors officially hit the ledge today. They pretty much come over every morning for coffee and we go over in the afternoon. I could see it creeping in everyday since Thanksgiving, they have a gorgeous house and get to live Christmas every single day of the year. But...it still hits the best of us.

Edge612 and Holiday like this.
  4. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

I'm 1 for 3 - I baked early! :rolleyes:

NcGunny and Edge612 like this.
  5. Edge612

Not an easy life being a Christmasaholic!

NcGunny and Holiday like this.
  6. NcGunny

Lol..No its not!

Edge612 likes this.
  7. Edge612

*Cleans the ledge for next week*