Pumpkin Pie Recpie

santashelperkobrin

Reindeer Pooper Scooper
MMC Member
May 26, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Just wondering if anyone has any REALLY good Pumpkin Pie Recpies....Let me know, I really want too make my own.

Ruth

:pumpkin::thanks::family:

judesmama

...Noel, Hilda, and Evan’s mama, too!
MMC Lifer
Jul 8, 2008
Out in the country!
You're making me hungry for some Thanksgiving dinner!!!! :) I don't have any recipes handy because we're in the midst of moving but my mom makes a killer pumpkin cheese pie.. I'll have to get the recipe!

santashelperkobrin

Reindeer Pooper Scooper
MMC Member
May 26, 2008
Ontario, Canada
You're making me hungry for some Thanksgiving dinner!!!! :) I don't have any recipes handy because we're in the midst of moving but my mom makes a killer pumpkin cheese pie.. I'll have to get the recipe!

Oh now that sounds good.

Ruth

Courtney

Makin' A Comeback!
MMC Lifer
Jul 21, 2008
Home
With this recipe, be sure to use "canned pumpkin", not the "canned pumpkin mix". There was too much cream cheese for my taste and I will be using less next time. This is a very, very tasty pie [of course, since it is a Paula Deen creation!] and I will be making it again sometime. Enjoy!

Paula Deen's Pumpkin Pie:
Click Here

Ingredients

* 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 2 cups canned pumpkin, mashed
* 1 cup sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 egg plus 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
* 1 cup half-and-half
* 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, optional
* 1 piece pre-made pie dough
* Whipped cream, for topping

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Place 1 piece of pre-made pie dough down into a (9-inch) pie pan and press down along the bottom and all sides. Pinch and crimp the edges together to make a pretty pattern. Put the pie shell back into the freezer for 1 hour to firm up. Fit a piece of aluminum foil to cover the inside of the shell completely. Fill the shell up to the edges with pie weights or dried beans (about 2 pounds) and place it in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes, remove the foil and pie weights and bake for another 10 minutes or until the crust is dried out and beginning to color.

For the filling, in a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer. Add the pumpkin and beat until combined. Add the sugar and salt, and beat until combined. Add the eggs mixed with the yolks, half-and-half, and melted butter, and beat until combined. Finally, add the vanilla, cinnamon, and ginger, if using, and beat until incorporated.

Pour the filling into the warm prepared pie crust and bake for 50 minutes, or until the center is set. Place the pie on a wire rack and cool to room temperature. Cut into slices and top each piece with a generous amount of whipped cream.

Reactions: 1 person

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image