Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Random Christmas Questions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Christmas Tinsel, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Christmas Tinsel

Christmas Tinsel Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member

Ok so here goes, my first random Christmas Question to all is this. Nice easy one. What's your favourite Christmas song, mine is The Darkness Christmas Time Don't Let The Bells End-sing-

'Tis the season likes this.
  2. George Broderick Jr.

George Broderick Jr. North Pole Resident MMC Lifer MMC Partner Christmas Crew

Tie between Holly Jolly Christmas and Up On Santa Claus Mountain

3. Christmas Tinsel

I've not heard up on Santa Claus Mountain, I'm going to listen to it. I-gift- hope to find out about Christmas song I don't know and find some of those hidden gems. So thanks George

'Tis the season likes this.
  4. DecemberisComing

DecemberisComing Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Thanks for asking, Christmas Tinsel! My all time favorite is White Christmas, but each year I choose a song to be the theme/mantra of the season. One year it was Let it Be Christmas by Alan Jackson, another year it was "Let your heart be light" a lyric from Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, etc...

5. Dudley

Dudley Santa's Sleigh Designer Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

My favorites are more about versions of than songs

"Sleigh Ride" - Mitch Miller and the Gang
    "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" - Wendy

6. Christmas Tinsel

Thank you for your replys everyone. Guess my first question was one that probably ask a lot on MMC but what better place to find Christmas songs I don't know to add to my Christmas playlist. :snow:

7. Petronius

Petronius Ornament Craftsman Merry Forums Member

I like O Holy Night sung by Joe Feeney on The Lawrence Welk Show.

8. JoseChung

JoseChung Eggnog Chugger Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Jingle bell rock.. however, the older I get the more fond I am of Driving home for Christmas

9. ballcoach

ballcoach Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer

White Christmas....Bing.

Almost brings tears to my eyes when I hear it.

10. DecemberisComing

DecemberisComing Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Me too! My dad was in WWII, stationed in the South China Sea in 1944-45, and would always tell how hearing it would bring tears to his eyes and make him want to pop the guy who played it in the nose. For the rest of his life, he loved being home for Christmas and having everyone together. I think of him every time I hear it.

11. Christmas Tinsel

Total agree Jose, Driving home for Christmas was never one of my favourites but as I've got older, I appreciate how good the song is and it's a staple of my playlist.

12. Christmas Tinsel

White Christmas and the Magic of Bing Crosby just amazing. And thank you DecemberisComing for sharing wonderful memories of your dad with us

13. 'Tis the season

'Tis the season Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer MMC Donor

Have yourself a merry little Christmas. No idea why but this really gets me.

14. Petronius

Petronius Ornament Craftsman Merry Forums Member

I like how Judy Garland sang Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas in Meet Me in St. Louis.

wstaple and DecemberisComing like this.
  15. wstaple

wstaple Mistletoe Hanger MMC Premiere Member

(There's No Place Like) Home for the Holidays - Perry Como

DecemberisComing likes this.
  16. Christmas Tinsel

Thanks everyone for sharing your favourite Christmas songs with me. I have got some new additions to my Christmas playlist and some versions of classics which I have not heard. -sing-

17. George Broderick Jr.

George Broderick Jr. North Pole Resident MMC Lifer MMC Partner Christmas Crew

You're welcome... here ya go...

18. Christmas Tinsel

Thanks George, just downloaded it. Added it to my Christmas playlist, well I say Christmas playlist. I don't just restrict it to Christmas. -sing-

19. Dudley

Dudley Santa's Sleigh Designer Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

I have multiple playlists in general, but for Christmas . . .
    - Christmas
    - Christmas - Quiet Times
    - Christmas - Traditional
    - Christmas - Party
    - Christmas - A Night Out

20. Christmas Tinsel

A new question for you all, it's an age old debate that many people have. But no Christmas Dinner is complete without them in my opinion. Brussel Sprouts.
    Love Them Or Hate Them
    Let me know yule holly jolly people -list-

Rich likes this.