Live Chat Rudolph Day Chat

Rudolph Day Chat
Posted by Jeff Westover
The chatroom of the Merry Forums of MyMerryChristmas.com
Wednesday, February 24, 2021 - 07:00 PM
Until: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 - 07:30 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Rich

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
South of the North Pole ( Middle Georgia, USA)
On a Wednesday?!
We'll be at church until 8:00 PM. :(
Oh well. I'm sure you'll all have a blast. :)

Reactions: Minta

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I had to miss this, doggone it. Is the chat archived, like some of the event chats were?

Reactions: Minta

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
I had to miss this, doggone it. Is the chat archived, like some of the event chats were?
I think I blew it when I set it up and the chat did not archive. We didn't have a set agenda but for the time I was there it was a pleasant conversation with @SoundsofChristmas, @Meceka and @Iteachpercussion and myself about Christmas and Halloween music.

We talked a bit about Gene Autry and how he doesn't seem to get the credit that others do from that era, speculating (at least on my part) that his music was directed more at children. Ken with Sounds of Christmas observed that Burl Ives kind of falls into that camp as well.

I had to cut out a little early so I'm not sure what else was touched up when I left but those guys know what they're talking about!

I'll try to be more careful next month. The little discussion gave me some podcast ideas and I think we should explore more from that time.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I think I blew it when I set it up and the chat did not archive. We didn't have a set agenda but for the time I was there it was a pleasant conversation with @SoundsofChristmas, @Meceka and @Iteachpercussion and myself about Christmas and Halloween music.

We talked a bit about Gene Autry and how he doesn't seem to get the credit that others do from that era, speculating (at least on my part) that his music was directed more at children. Ken with Sounds of Christmas observed that Burl Ives kind of falls into that camp as well.

I had to cut out a little early so I'm not sure what else was touched up when I left but those guys know what they're talking about!

I'll try to be more careful next month. The little discussion gave me some podcast ideas and I think we should explore more from that time.
Thanks for the recap, Jeff. Gosh, I wish I'd been there! Some great chat topics. Burl Ives has done plenty of non-children Christmas tracks---I could have put 2 cents in on that. It's been a work-and-collapse type of week, so I missed it.

Reactions: Iteachpercussion

Christmas Activities

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image
Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player