Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Santa Mythology Worldwide

Discussion in 'Christmas Around the World' started by Adora Myers, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Adora Myers

Adora Myers MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

I am interested in learning more about the history of Santa. I have found bits and pieces about the mythology, legend and history from many regions of the world, but nothing definitive. I am interested in learning more about the many variations in the story, representation and interpretation of Santa.

If you are interested in exchanging historic, mythological and traditional details about the man in the red (or other colored) suit, please connect with me!

Also, if this topic is covered elsewhere, please point me in the right direction. I am new to these forums, so I am still learning my way around.

Ryan, Festive Spirit and snowflake22 like this.
  2. Jeff Westover

Jeff Westover Chief Santa Tracker MMC Founder Kringle Radio DJ Christmas Card Exchanger Santa's Elf

You will want to take a listen to several episodes of the Merry Podcast. Santa traditions world wide do vary and they are fascinating. I'll be glad to share what I know.

We also have several from the "Santa Community", most notably Michael Rielly of Clausnet.com who is an expert on the history and origins of Santa.

Ryan, snowflake22 and Festive Spirit like this.