Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Saturday Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Edge612, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2019
    Happy Saturday Morning! I just decided to try to start a little thread where once a week I'll post about my Saturday morning. Hey I love every day as much as I can. I love Fridays of course. I love Sundays too. But something special happens on Saturday mornings for me. It just is such an amazing feeling. It's almost like a holiday to me every week. I guess after a long work week there's something special about Saturday mornings. I go to Dunkin to get breakfast every Saturday. Today I'm getting a big iced coffee and an apple fritter. I sit here peacefully at my computer, relaxing, watching cartoons like a kid and having my breakfast. Then I go for my favorite run of the week through town and also do some errands. I really love Saturday mornings the most by far. What about you? Any thoughts on Saturday mornings? And stay tuned because I'll try to post in this thread every Saturday morning with some interesting questions, thoughts, polls and more as we go along. Let me know what you think of Saturday mornings overall on the FIRST Saturday morning of the BERS!​

ballcoach likes this.
  2. ballcoach

ballcoach Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer

Ah, Saturday morning. The best by far....

Typically, I get up early and have coffee in silence. I love that time. Today, I got up a little later than usual. We had a homefootball game last night and those really take it out of me. Gameday prep usually starts 9 or 10 that morning and gets going full speed about 5:00 for a 7:00 kickoff. Last night, the game wasn't over until 10:15.

This Saturday morning is going to be an little unusual. We are having our first Soccer Saturday. A couple of friends and I are trying to make an investment in our kids programs and we are having our communities first youth soccer games. I'm pretty stoked about that.

After that, groceries for the week and yardwork. Hoping to sneak a little visit to Hobby Lobby in sometime today.

Edge612 likes this.
  3. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

I am usually up early and usually one of my girls needs a ride to a sports practice or something but this morning..we have nothing and I am enjoying some TV and coffee . Next weekend we are back at at it with softball games but today I am going to take it all in and enjoy the day!

ballcoach and Edge612 like this.
  4. George Broderick Jr.

George Broderick Jr. North Pole Resident MMC Lifer MMC Partner Christmas Crew

Cold pizza and flat root beer for breakfast and cartoons until noon... oh, wait! That was me in the 60's!

Edge612 likes this.
  5. angelpugs

angelpugs Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

This Saturday i'll be getting my home finished as i put down new floors ans am finishing up on the painting as i have a few christmas pieces i'm working on in my spare time.This coming week hopefully just working on christmas and getting all my pantry staples for baking and doing candies then it's off to get more things for my christmas crafting.Hard to believe September seems to be flying before long October will be here where is the time going hope it slows a bit so we can enjoy holiday time.

SnowflakeMom and Edge612 like this.
  6. Edge612

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2019
    Happy Saturday Morning! The best time of the week is here (at least in my opinion). I'm here eating a jelly donut and having my usual Dunkin Iced Coffee. Delicious. I've got Boomerang on as I have gone back to being a kid watching Saturday morning cartoons again on t.v. Does anyone even know what Saturday morning cartoons are on the main networks now? Honestly, I have NO idea. Does anyone? I think that I'm going to check that out today. I haven't watched them in YEARS and YEARS. They used to be the highlight of my week. Do cartoons even exist anymore on the main channels? I really have no clue. I never watch it. If anyone knows let me know. Or do you all watch the classic cartoons like I do? Not sure if they make cartoons quite like they used to. Hope you're all enjoying your Special Saturday Morning!​

7. Edge612

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2019
    Happy Saturday Morning! The best time of the week is back at us once again. This is the final Saturday morning of summer officially. I'm about to go get my Dunkin Iced Coffee and a jelly donut like last week. I've got Boomerang on again. I did try to see what cartoons are on during the mornings now on regular television but I didn't see much (and what I did see didn't wow me). Does anyone remember the cartoons in the 1980s on Saturday mornings? What were they? I may have to research online today and find out. I wonder if I can get any online or on dvd or something. Just curious. I grew up watching them but I really don't remember them. I remember Pee Wee was on and also this roller derby thing was on. But I'm not sure what else. There was a show like "Land of the Lost" or something with dinosaurs too. Ahh memories. I will definitely refresh mine by looking it up online today and get back to you. Have a great Saturday Morning!​

Mr. Hankey likes this.
  8. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

I used to watch SuperFriends every Saturday morning. Cartoons were the best..my brother and I used to sit there and eat our cereal and be glued to the TV..lol

Mr. Hankey likes this.
  9. Mr. Hankey

Mr. Hankey Elf Supervisor MMC Premiere Member

Yep, them were the good old days. Some of my favorites back then included 'Scooby-Doo, Where Are you?', 'The Scooby-Doo Movies' (which was the first ever hour long feature cartoon), 'The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Show', 'The Groovie Goolies', as well as some of the live action shows like 'Shazam', 'The Secrets Of Isis', 'Ark II' and 'Space Academy'.

Ever wonder whatever happened to Saturday morning cartoons on network TV? This video (>22 minutes long) explains their demise:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019 at 11:09 AM
  10. Edge612

Mr. Hankey your video there reminded me Ninja turtles was another one I watched on Saturday mornings. And also I remember Hulk Hogan Cartoon I believe was on Saturday mornings.