Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Shopping online

Discussion in 'Christmas Together' started by Christmasplease, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer MMC Donor Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Talk Alum 2018 Ornament Exchanger Santa's Elf

Do you do most of your shopping online or in store?

I am still an in store girl.

sugar142286 and Holiday like this.
  2. angelpugs

angelpugs Christmasologist MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum 2018 Ornament Exchanger

I do most online but,i also get quite a bit at our flea markets.

Christmasplease and Holiday like this.
  3. SinatraClaus

SinatraClaus Chairman of the board MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Christmas Talk Alum

My wife is an in-store shopper and I am an online shopper. I look out for the deals online and she usually enjoys the in-store Christmas shopping.

Christmasplease and Holiday like this.
  4. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

BOTH!!! What I don't find in the store I start shopping online!

Christmasplease likes this.
  5. novelist

novelist Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

I like to see what I'm buying, so most of my shopping is done at the store. I have bought online though

Holiday and Christmasplease like this.
  6. Billy Battles

Billy Battles Santa's Doppelganger MMC Lifer MMC Donor

about 90% online. I like that I can find just about anything I am looking for.

7. tyreejames

tyreejames Reindeer Pooper Scooper Merry Forums Member

I am at about 90-95% online now...I have fond memories of going to sleep on Thanksgiving around 5-6 PM so that I could be up and out the house around 10, 10:30. Last year I didn't go out until the morning; everything else was ordered throughout the week leading up to Thanksgiving. The cash back apps and other rebates, steals and deals make online shopping very appealing to me.

8. Rennabelle

Rennabelle Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class MMC Lifer

In a store, love the atmosphere during Christmas, although it is not like it used to be.

9. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer MMC Donor Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Talk Alum 2018 Ornament Exchanger Santa's Elf

Ok so, this year I'll be doing a little more shopping online.

Holiday likes this.
  10. pattyjo

pattyjo Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Both , I do love going out to the stores for the festive spirit, but I also love waiting for the postie for my online parcels..

11. Christmasplease

This year I’m going to do a lot of shopping online on Cyber Monday.

12. 'Tis the season

'Tis the season Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer MMC Donor

Online except food. I am conflicted though as shopping locally is far better for the local economy. I just hate shopping though, not to mention the time it takes.

13. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

I do most online now and I really appreciate the convenience of it. With kids, work and so much to do during the festive season, it really is so nice I can browse for ideas and make purchases from the comfort of my home without having to set aside time to make a trip into the city etc. I like that I can find the the best value for my money by comparing prices and reading reviews of the product is so useful when deciding!! I aim for the last week of November when there are week long Black Friday deals and Cyber Monday. I could not face the madness going in person to the shops during this time!

The best part is when I do go out to the shops I am not pressured or stressed and I can enjoy the sights and sounds better.

shrcpark and Christmasplease like this.
  14. XmasDreams

XmasDreams North Pole Network Help MMC Lifer MMC Donor ATC Alum Christmas Crew

Mostly in store. However once in a while will grab a deal online if its to good to past up.

15. SnowDog

SnowDog Reindeer Pooper Scooper Merry Forums Member

I do most if not all of my shopping online... unfortunately stores just can't seem to match the good prices and deals I can find and it comes down to budget for me. I do like to go to the mall during the season and just walk around for fun sometimes though.

16. Christmasplease

Do you find the shipping costs are reasonable when you shop online?

17. Festive Spirit

I rarely pay shipping as most are free delivery. The times I do have to pay shipping it is well worth it as it is actually cheaper than parking fees in the city or even public transport. Parking is a nightmare in town.Generally I think the shipping costs here are reasonable but of course they can add up for someone purchasing from multiple shops. Sometimes the shops offer click and collect where you pay online and collect in store to avoid delivery charge. I do this sometimes and collect after work.

The convenience of shopping from home and having it straight to my door is priceless!

18. Christmasplease

I now have a Prime membership with Amazon, a lot of the shipping is free. I will take advantage of that this year!

Festive Spirit likes this.
  19. Festive Spirit

Great! You can get just about everything on Amazon!

One thing I will say is I wish shipping form overseas wasn't so expensive for us. There is so much stuff I would love from America but the shipping and customs tax is more than the item itself!

20. Ornamentmaven

Ornamentmaven Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger 2018 Ornament Exchanger

Both. Online is so convenient, especially since I no longer get round very well. I like to be done with all gift purchases prior to Thanksgiving and then hit the stores in December for stocking stuffers and a chance to take in the Christmas sights!