So, Black Friday became even more evil this year?

Winter_Worlock

Cryo-Sorcerer
MMC Premiere
Nov 14, 2015
The Mountain of the Whispering Winds
First of all, I'm not completely anti-capitalist/consumerist. My wife and I don't actively shop on black friday anyhow, but for some reason we enjoy the chaos enough to go out just to be in the midst of it. And fortunately we've never encountered people turning violent, or the trampling of employees when the doors open.

But anyway... it's always been painfully obvious that people are getting swindled by the whole thing. Sales typically aren't even really sales, no matter what day of the month they're done on. People have been mad about black friday for a long time now, because it intrudes on everyone's holiday time - both the shoppers and the employees.

Well, it looks like this year, things got even worse. Black Friday is now Black Thursday. Most of the big box stores around here had all of their major sale items on Thanksgiving itself. No sales on Friday AT ALL. So now, all employees are being forced to work Thanksgiving, and the shoppers are being forced to choose between shopping for family and spending time with family.

I... really didn't think this could get any sicker, but yay, there it is. Again. Humans being treated like they have no more value than livestock.

Daniel12days

MMC's Animation Historian
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Aug 12, 2013
The Warner Bros. Water Tower
Black Friday was a bloodbath starting when Cabbage Patch Kids came out, and got worse every year.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image