Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

"So how does Santa deliver all of those presents on one night?"

Discussion in 'Traditions & Memories' started by Mr Walker, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Mr Walker

Mr Walker Merry KISSmas MMC Emeritus Member

As a parent, I'm sure you've been asked this question... and if you plan on being a parent one day, I'm sure you will be.

Since I've never been able to ask him directly, I've kinda formulated a little theory that I've shared with my kids when I'm directly confronted with this question... I'm talking about the older kids who are really starting to question things... usually in direct response to peer pressure... the ones to whom the 'Santa is magic!' response will no longer suffice.

Here's my condensed 'Reader's Digest' version... my speech is much longer (and tangential) that this...
    Since everybody thinks so hard about Santa Claus on Christmas Eve... it gives Santa a tremendous amount of mental psychic energy. Through the years as the world has gotten bigger and Santa has gotten wiser, he's managed to harness this incredible power and he is able to put the whole world into a state of suspended animation... the whole world is frozen (work that Winter connection in there) in time... so for us, it seems like Santa is doing this in one night, but in actuality Santa is working at his own pace... placing all the gifts perfectly under the tree, eating cookies, drinking milk, feeding the reindeer and everything else he needs to get done. Then, when he's done and back home at the North Pole and exhausted from all that work... time slowly begins to return to normal.

I've also found two things that help me sell my theory...
    1) Use as many complex, fifty-cent words as you can... (i.e. 'cryogenics', 'the laws of quantum physics', 'manifest-destiny'...)
    2) If also helps if you explain this with a 'mad scientist' glint in your eyes

It sort of follows the premise... "if you can't persuade them with logic... baffle them with b*** s***!"

Now I know I could be wrong... a theory is just an educated guess that is meant to be proven or unproven...

Anybody else have theories of their own that they have concocted?

1 person likes this.
  2. Jeff Westover

Jeff Westover Chief Santa Tracker MMC Founder Santa's Elf Kringle Radio DJ

This question has been addressed here at MMC many, many times. See Elf Ed Zachary's article about it here. Also, from a previous Christmas, he talked about it here.

We also hear that Santa is going to address this issue -- or at least be asked about it -- in this year's Annual Interview with Santa.

When it comes to these and other important questions about Santa, we don't mess around. We go right to the source.

1 person likes this.
  3. dvdelf

dvdelf MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

I do love to hear from the source

Santa always gives me a great answer

1 person likes this.
  4. Head Elf

Head Elf Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

with all the different time zones and magic reindeer, who cares as long as he comes to my house and I'm asleep. Oh, and I have been good all year....

1 person likes this.
  5. RadioJonD

RadioJonD ♪♫Mistletoe Mix-ologist♫♪ MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum Kringle Radio DJ

Cheech & Chong attributed Santa's abilities to Magic Dust in "Santa Claus And His Old Lady."

1 person likes this.
  6. dvdelf

I would be afraid of any dust cheech & chong were using

2 people like this.
  7. George Broderick, Jr.

George Broderick, Jr. Guest

Top Ten Answers For How Santa Makes It All The Way Around The World In One Night...

10. Flying opposite the International Date Line so he gains a day.

9. Worm holes.

8. Avoiding the I-95 beltway around Washington D.C.

7. Follows Triple-A approved Triptic as a suggestion rather than a guide.

6. Feeds the reindeer Red Bull and Pez right before take off.

5. Extra boosting power (where do you think all those "not included batteries" go?)

4. Rudolph's nose has a built in E-Z Pass for the turnpikes.

3. Hits Switzerland early to avoid rush hour over the Alps.

2. Close personal friends with Superman (say no more...)

1. Counts time in dog years.

cheesy

1 person likes this.
  8. joyful

joyful MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

LOL, I have enjoyed reading the replies. Thanks everyone.

1 person likes this.
  9. One Spoiled Brat

One Spoiled Brat MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

Only Santa knows for sure......:rudolph:

1 person likes this.
  10. dvdelf

red bull & pez!

HAHAHAHAHAhA

2 people like this.
  11. Snow-in-Texas

Snow-in-Texas Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer MMC Emeritus Member

Just one of those things we weren't meant to know.

What used to worry me as a child was that we didn't have a chimney or fireplace for him to come into the house. When I asked my dad about that, he said that he would let him in the front door.cheesy

1 person likes this.
  12. Petronius

Petronius Sugar Cookie Tester Merry Forums Member

Santa explains how delivery of presents is accomplished.

13. Mr. Hankey

Mr. Hankey Elf Supervisor MMC Premiere Member