Stocking Stuffers for Mums

MissFrissmas

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Member
Nov 4, 2008
Bendigo, Victoria, Australia
Hi all its getting so close to Christmas! I was wondering if anyone has any good ideas for stocking stuffers for an adult.
Every Christmas I like to give my parents a main present, maybe a weekend away or something special... but I think its also nice that mum in particular, has a few little surprises to unwrap aswell. So far I have got her a nice singlet top to wear, I am just looking for more suggestions. Big or small. Stocking Filling type things.
What would you buy your mum?
Thanx in Advance! XO

Maureen

Merry Forums Super Administrator
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Aug 24, 2007
Perthshire, Scotland
Well, on the receiving end, I like to find things in my stocking like chocolate (who doesn't!), vouchers for the cinema, nail polish, book or book token, bath bombs, socks, the obligatory tangerine, CD, cuddly toy, smelly candles, miniature bottle of wine .......

You get the idea!!

Ms_Speedy_Elf

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 13, 2008
How about some footie slippers.They may be called something different over there in the UK ,so here is a picture

They usually come in a thin,small box.

*Maybe a gift card to a day spa.

*Fingernail polish.

*Perfume.

*A mother's necklace with the birth stone of each child.

*If she is a grandma how about a grandma's brag book(a photo album for picture's of her grand children).

* Make your own mom's free day certificate's saying you'll come and clean house for mom, or wash her clothes or cook supper while she relaxes or goes out and enjoys herself.

*A book by her favorite author .

*A cd of relaxing music .

*A favorite dvd .

*A small aroma therapy candle or room spray.

*Pay to have her hair shampooed,cut and styled.

Maureen

MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Aug 24, 2007
Perthshire, Scotland
Pssst............she's in Australia.......ssshhhh........!!!!

Ms_Speedy_Elf

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 13, 2008
Oh okay thanks Mo! I said UK as she called her "mum" I forget that they do the same in Australia and I didn't read where she was from :rudolph:

Maureen

MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Aug 24, 2007
Perthshire, Scotland
That's okay - I just didn't want to give anybody else our cr*ppy weather!!! cheesy

irishgirl

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jun 5, 2008
Philiadelphia
Maureen, why crappy? Don't you like the rain????

My Mom is an avid reader so we always give her a gift card to Barnes and Noble. I really like the brag book idea of grandkids.. you can never go wrong with that!!!

NLxmasmom

Reindeer Pooper Scooper
MMC Member
Nov 1, 2008
I guess it depends on what interests her. I like to get sock, undies, chocolate, perfume, nail polish, gloves, neat little kitchen gadgets, bath & body items, CDs.

sahm629

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Dec 4, 2008
White Elephant Gift Ideas - Let's Share :)

What are your funniest white elephant gift ideas???

Mumof2

One Happy lil Elf
MMC Lifer
Oct 23, 2007
Lakes Region,NH
www.facebook.com
I love getting Lip Gloss,gift card to craft store,Shaver refills,Nail Polish & Remover.Anything that is Unexpected is always fun.

dawnyd2

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Member
Dec 4, 2008
IL
chocolate, gift card, great smelling lotion, or gift set, cozy slippers and robe, chocolate:)

Janey

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 18, 2008
England
My mum always likes socks, bath things, pajamas, "different" chocolates - she's not too keen on chocolate but loves it when there is something different or unusual in there. Also just random little things - keyrings, mugs, phone charms, rubiks cube, etc :)

Santa's Helper

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 14, 2007
Out there
I get this stuff for both my mom and mother-in-law:

chap stick
hand lotion (my MIL likes Avon's silicon glove)
nail file
wax tarts and a tart warmer (this year)
bottle of perfume
and maybe some other items like shampoo and conditioner or some shower gels, something like that.

MsChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 8, 2008
Maryland, USA
These are some great ideas! Every year I buy my parents, brother ( he is 22 ) and hubby a few scratch off lotto tickets and put in a card (for parents/brother) and my hubby's stocking. Its always a fun thing to do on Christmas morning because theres a chance someone will win big!

trackrebel

candy cane hustla
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2008
Germany
sports.groups.yahoo.com
These are some great ideas! Every year I buy my parents, brother ( he is 22 ) and hubby a few scratch off lotto tickets and put in a card (for parents/brother) and my hubby's stocking. Its always a fun thing to do on Christmas morning because theres a chance someone will win big!
I got a lottery ticket for four weeks once....don´t know if it was Christmas....I loved it....of course I didn´t win anything....but I was overly exited and imagine if I would have won a few millions?

stocking stuffers
bathtub stuff
candles
favorite cosmetic cremes
favorite make up....but i guess all of that´s been said before..