Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Summer 2018-Who's Ready?

Discussion in 'Holidays Year Round' started by angelpugs, Apr 16, 2018.

1. angelpugs

angelpugs Christmasologist MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum 2018 Ornament Exchanger

Hard to believe April will be gone then we're on to May where does the time go as i know many are looking forward to good weather and fun especially after the long winter.Thought we'd share any fun things,activities you may have planned or any type of fun you may have in mind like those bbq's,especially on the 4th of July or Memorial day maybe even Mother's day which for a mom like me i enjoy a bbq and just hanging outdoors if it's nice.Anyone have any ideas or thoughts if you'd like to share please do.

HomemakinGirl, Minta and Holiday like this.
  2. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew Santa's Elf

Oh, yeah, I’m ready! We have a vacation planned this year, and I always enjoy the anticipation for July Fourth. My summer music library is standing by with summery tunes, and I’m so eager for the cold weather to finally leave this year.

3. angelpugs

angelpugs Christmasologist MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum 2018 Ornament Exchanger

Me as well MerryCarey,i can't wait for bbq's,walks around vermont and visiting all my favorite places and i do enjoy the 4th as we have amazing fireworks also love my gardens especially all the fresh vegetables.

4. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew Santa's Elf

I bet Vermont is great in the summertime!

5. angelpugs

There is just so much and i enjoy it all between hot air balloon rides and flea markets,shops and great eats another favorite is ice cream day at Ben & Jerry's. OC13BenandJerrysPD.jpg

6. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

I'm excited to get our new pontoon out! Not as excited as my hubby though. LOL!!
    Also looking forward to going to the lake & being able to sit OUTSIDE. Not inside because it's cold outside, watching it rain or snow! (though I don't want to wish away all of our rain ;))

HomemakinGirl, ballcoach and Minta like this.
  7. angelpugs

waitsfield_covered_bridge_mad_river_vermont1_t658.png

8. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew

I am ready to enjoy some local fresh produce. Hoping to get my raised gardens setup soon so I can get my veggies planted. Nothing better then picking a fresh tomato out of your garden :)

HomemakinGirl and Holiday like this.
  9. Holiday

Totally agree!!! I wish our garden was ready & the weather would warm up. Our spring crops are normally in by now! I ordered our onion plants last week. The rest of the seeds are just waiting!

I picked up some corn on the cob at the store last night! 1st I've seen this year. I hope it's at least mediocre. (Not expecting much....but I HAD to buy some! :D)

HomemakinGirl and Minta like this.
  10. angelpugs

Yes i agree as i love my fresh garden vegetables and i'll have the patio fruit bushes blueberries,strawberries and a few more and i can't wait till my blackcaps come out as i have those bushes.

11. Holiday

I had to look up what blackcaps are!! ;)

12. angelpugs

They are so good we put some in a bowl of milk just enough to cover them with a little bit of sugar and smoosh them up what a wonderful treat,my mom used to do that for us kids growing up.

13. Holiday

Sounds tasty!!!

14. angelpugs

c3dcd4567c9b6aefd281d499b909e6ad.jpg

15. MerryCarey

Throw in a pitcher of cold lemonade and a good book, and I could spend all afternoon right there!

HomemakinGirl, tbutler and Holiday like this.
  16. ballcoach

ballcoach Elf Choir Book Distributor MMC Lifer

The best thing about summer (to me) is Sunday afternoons. We put the girls in the pool and always cook something while visiting outside. I love it...absolutely love it! I also enjoy July 4th, too. I like the firework shows and cookouts!

17. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Christmasologist MMC Lifer

I cannot wait for summer too! Looking forward to sitting out on our deck and grilling and relaxing. Also looking forward to going to the beach a few times as well.

HomemakinGirl, ballcoach and Holiday like this.
  18. angelpugs

40690802-backyard-summer-bbq-cocktail-party-or-picnic-on-the-lavn-scene-and-concept.jpg

19. Edge612

Edge612 Christmas Royalty MMC Premiere Member

After the LONG winter we've had I'm looking forward to summer. Yes we all will get tired of the heat and humidity at some point but I will take it any day over the freezing cold and snow. And it only makes those "Bers Breezes" that much more special and enjoyable after a long warm/hot period in the summer.
    And one of my favorite things about the summer is to close my eyes and in the hot sun dream about the Bers months to come with all the best things of the year. It's a great spot to be in...for people like us...in the summer.

20. SnowflakeMom

SnowflakeMom Christmasologist MMC Lifer

I saw one house on my street is decorated for Memorial Day/4th of July. They have red, white and blue stars hanging from the top of their porch and white lights along their banisters. It looked really pretty.

HomemakinGirl, Holiday and MerryCarey like this.