Survey Shows Americans Consider Thanksgiving and Christmas Together

ElfBot

MMC Newshound
Oct 17, 2005
Buried deep within the annual survey about Christmas at My Merry Christmas.com is a little nugget of information that would surprise some — and would be no surprise at all to others: Americans see Thanksgiving and Christmas as part of the same season. When asked, 77 percent of respondents said Thanksgiving was part of their [...]

More...

Reactions: 2 people

ChristmasSpirit76

Christmas Star
MMC Lifer
Sep 16, 2007
The great state of Maine
I agree that it goes together. I actually feel Nov 1 is the start of the holiday for me :) The first Christmas dinner was actually served on Thanksgiving. :???:

Reactions: 5 people

sublimesting

Twinkle Light Checker
MMC Member
Nov 8, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Of course it goes together. And I'll take it a step further: Halloween is, to me, the start of "The Holiday Season"! Now, i don't lump Halloween together with Thanksgiving and Christmas as "The Christmas Season" but once fall starts and the leaves start changing my mind goes rigt into holiday mode for the next 4 months.

Reactions: 3 people

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
To me each is it's own holiday. We have decoration for Halloween that go up Oct 1st and come down Nov 1st and get replaced with our thanksgiving decorations. I love celebrating Thanksgiving with the house decked out in Fall colors and turkeys. The weekend after Thanksgiving is when we take down all the fall/thanksgiving decorations and fully decorated the outise and inside in Christmas wonder.

There are some things I will do all year when I am in mood like listening to Christmas music and watch Christmas movies. I also shop all year for Christmas gifts too.

Reactions: 1 person

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image