Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
Now available to all users for selection is a new dark theme we're calling Tannenbaum:

tannenbaum.JPG

This theme has a very rich, traditional look with soft muted colors. We think it will be popular with Christmas fans.

This is our fourth new look: you can now choose between Merry, Bright, Tannenbaum and Scrooge.

To select you can access it via the preferences page in your user control panel or via the style chooser at the bottom of the page.

Yes, we have several other new looks being designed -- most using this new framework.

Enjoy.

e_xander

Executive Producer, Tracking Santa
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
www.kringleradio.com
The one thing I noticed that is a nice feature on the merry and bright is that the left side bar doesn't stay dropped down if you drop one down. Not a deal breaker by any means, but it is nice when I want to look at new posts. Otherwise the colors are great.

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
You do not want it like this?

dropdown.JPG

Our goal is to make the site function all the same even if someone chooses a different look. So this is an important detail.

I will try to see what I have to do to make this one uniform.

Is there anyone else this bothers?

My thinking as I was working with this is that we've integrated the content portion of the site with the forums. The forum menu is now accessible within the feature articles and vice versa. But it's made that left nagivation vital to make it all work.

When you click on "What's New" but want to see "New Posts", what actually happens? Does the menu just temporarily open until you make your selection and then close on it's own?

Want to make sure I understand this. I'll play with it in each theme.

Thanks for the inforamation. Keep it coming. It's going to take all of us to get the details just right.

e_xander

MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
www.kringleradio.com
You do not want it like this?

View attachment 70471

Our goal is to make the site function all the same even if someone chooses a different look. So this is an important detail.

I will try to see what I have to do to make this one uniform.

Is there anyone else this bothers?

My thinking as I was working with this is that we've integrated the content portion of the site with the forums. The forum menu is now accessible within the feature articles and vice versa. But it's made that left nagivation vital to make it all work.

When you click on "What's New" but want to see "New Posts", what actually happens? Does the menu just temporarily open until you make your selection and then close on it's own?

Want to make sure I understand this. I'll play with it in each theme.

Thanks for the inforamation. Keep it coming. It's going to take all of us to get the details just right.
That's the menu I was talking about. I've taken a screen shot of the new posts of the side bar in Merry and Tannenbaum. The only thing I did was switch the theme, I touched nothing else.Screenshot (11).pngScreenshot (13).png

Storeytime

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Jan 1, 2007
Texas
www.texaselectricalservices.com
I love this one.

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com

Storeytime

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Jan 1, 2007
Texas
www.texaselectricalservices.com
I tried them all. I definitely like Tannenbaum the best.

Reactions: Jeff Westover

e_xander

MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
www.kringleradio.com
I tried them all. I definitely like Tannenbaum the best.
I really do too. Just a minor issue with the side bar. And like I said, not a dealbreaker. But to be equal on all themes, I thought I'd bring it up.

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
I really do too. Just a minor issue with the side bar. And like I said, not a dealbreaker. But to be equal on all themes, I thought I'd bring it up.
Keep bringing them up! We want to be consistent and we want to be THE BEST.

If anyone has other ideas for different colors, looks, etc I'm all ears. We've got a lot of great Christmas themes to pursue -- Claus, Eggnog, North Pole, Nutmeg & Cinnamon, Sleigh Ride, and Cranberry Orange are all themes being worked on -- plus a few others I want to surprise you with. Not sure if all of them will work out but we should have quite the variety to suit just about every taste.

Reactions: ponytramp

Rich

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
South of the North Pole ( Middle Georgia, USA)
@Jeff Westover
The Tannenbaum theme is missing the class "is-expanded" on the line shown below. See below. I hope this gives you a clue of where to look. Good luck.

Merry:
merry.JPG
Tannenbaum:
tannenbaum.JPG

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com