Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Tell Me Something Good!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ReineV, Oct 16, 2014.

1. ReineV

ReineV Christmas Connoisseur MMC Lifer

There's so much negativity, sadness and crisis in the world today. I feel like we're bombarded with it 24/7. Let's talk about awesome stuff happening in our lives - even if it's small. Promotions, health testimonies, answered prayers, successful recipe attempts, grade achievements, kids milestones, funny stories, finding a great sale...anything!

All positivity all the time!!

2. snowflake22

snowflake22 *Harlowe's Mom* MMC Lifer Louann Jeffries Award

I commend you for your beautiful outlook~

We just got back from a wonderful vacation feeling rejuvenated!

I like to read positive affirmations every morning to start the day. Here is one I love!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor Christmas Crew MMC Lifer

We are getting things ready for our daughters 13 th birthday party tomorrow night. It's a costume party! We are turning the covered patio into a dance floor with halloween lights to light up the area. Will hang addition halloween light along the garage roof line and in the trees. We will have a firepit with hay bales set up around it for seating.

Between kids from school and cousins there will be about a dozen or so kids there.

4. snowflake22

That sounds like so much fun, Minta!
    Happy 13th Birthday to your daughter!

[emoji320][emoji322][emoji324][emoji445][emoji512]

5. sugar142286

sugar142286 North Pole's RN MMC Lifer

The party sounds so fun and festive! Hope everyone has a lot of fun! Happy 13th birthday to your daughter!

6. George Broderick, Jr.

George Broderick, Jr. Guest

My wife and I went to a going-out-of-business Christmas store yesterday... besides some GREAT bargains (a wooden box Advent Calendar that plays a different Christmas song with each door you open), there were several Moms with toddlers and pre-school age children there. The excitement and genuine love for Santa and Christmas on their little faces tells me all I need to know. Ebola and ISIS can go take a flying leap! We have Santa Claus and everything is gonna be all right!

7. snowflake22

Amen, George!
    The Advent Calendar sounds amazing!
    Love to hear about the kids excitement!

8. sugar142286

DH and I had the opportunity to take the kids to see Disney on Ice: Frozen last night. They had so much fun, as well as we did! The looks on their faces was priceless! Spending the time together was moments I won't forget!

9. sugar142286

You're exactly right, George! :)

10. ReineV

ReineV Christmas Connoisseur MMC Lifer

Reading all of these makes me smile!! My daughter's 3rd birthday party is this Saturday and I love having an excuse to get a big group of family and friends together!! It's going to be great!

11. sugar142286

Happy 3rd Birthday to your daughter! She will have so much fun! Hope everyone has a great time! 3 is the perfect age - that is the age of my son too! I love that age - still so loveable and they still love to cuddle! Enjoy every moment!

12. snowflake22

Happy 3rd Birthday to your daughter! Hope you all have a lovely time!! [emoji320]

13. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

This is a wonderful thread and I look forward to keeping up with it because I love positive things like this.

Well I just celebrated my son's 3rd birthday two days ago and we had such a ball. It is the first of the celebrations for this time of year - next up Halloween!

I can't believe how quickly they are both growing up. Best wishes to your little one!!

This morning I discovered True Movies tv station switched to True Christmas! That made my day !!!!!

14. sugar142286

Hope the party was a great time, Festive! I'm sure he had a blast!

Enjoy the movies - sounds great!

15. Ladybugkisses

Ladybugkisses Elf Choir Book Distributor MMC Lifer

Our office just learned that we have finally hired a new Nurse Practitioner and she will be starting before the end of the month. With that position being filled our current Program Manager has formally announced her early retirement and will step down and the new NP will also assume the role as Program Manager. We here at Bariatric Surgery are soooo excited, however I will admit that none of us are sadden to hear the news of our current manager resigning. For all of us it's like an early Christmas Gift!!!

16. snowflake22

Hope you really like the NP / Program Manager! Merry early Christmas to you guys! [emoji319][emoji2]

17. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Knights in the Service of Santa MMC Donor Louann Jeffries Award

It has been a very bad week in many ways, but so many people have shown us kindness and encouragement that there have also been many bright spots. As we sort through things, they may not be as bad as they first seemed. Heaven bless all the kind people in the world!

18. snowflake22

Glad to hear that, MerryCarey~
    Praying that everything works out for you guys. Kindness is a beautiful thing.
    Continued prayers & hugs coming your way! God bless!

My Mom always instilled this in us [emoji173]️
    [​IMG]

19. sugar142286

Hope you all enjoy the new NP!!!

20. sugar142286

It's great to hear that you and Mr. have been able to see good out of all this. I'm so glad to hear you have people and support to rely on.