Thanksgiving 2022 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 118
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 95
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 34

Happy Summer TGIF! Today folks we have 118 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 95 days left until November, and 34 days to go until The Bers. Our next milestone folks will be on Monday when August Arrives. Think about the significance folks. August. Think about what that means. We will be entering the Final Month of the Non-Bers year. Yes, we’ll have gone through 7 months and 1 to go ahead of us. Now I implore you, as much as you may not like summer to really help me in hitting the brakes as we approach August because folks if August goes too fast guess what will happen when we hit the Bers? We’re going to fly off course. I know it sounds exciting but trying to enjoy as much time as possible building towards the things we love is as important (if not more so) than the actual time themselves. I know it seems like we’ve been sweating it out a while already but the Summer Sweatfest has lots of time to go. We still have 1/3 of it ahead of us. Now if you are a fan of turkey you may think who needs to sweat? But I say we all need to sweat. Without the sweat you won’t enjoy your turkey on Thanksgiving Day. Actually nothing can probably get in the way of us and our love affair with turkey on Thanksgiving but trust me it’s good to enjoy the time and build-up. Have a great Summer TGIF!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I laughed this morning. I imagined me, sitting in the car after happily cutting the breaks on our way through August, flying off the track and into the fall foliage still with a smile on my face as the roller coaster car went off the track. I don't want The Bers to go by fast, but it sure felt like the summer did, at least for me. Totally different vibe / mindset here in a couple of days. Have a great Friday!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I laughed this morning. I imagined me, sitting in the car after happily cutting the breaks on our way through August, flying off the track and into the fall foliage still with a smile on my face as the roller coaster car went off the track. I don't want The Bers to go by fast, but it sure felt like the summer did, at least for me. Totally different vibe / mindset here in a couple of days. Have a great Friday!
It really was a short summer, especially after July 4th ended. I mean, technically summer is still going strong here, but it's just a thought in my rear view mirror now. It already feels like Fall preseason to me.

I looked at my Outlook calendar yesterday evening, and the first Dallas Cowboys preseason game popped up. It was a delight to see football back on the calendar again after so long! I was/am a bit giddy.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Yup!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
It really was a short summer, especially after July 4th ended. I mean, technically summer is still going strong here, but it's just a thought in my rear view mirror now. It already feels like Fall preseason to me.

I looked at my Outlook calendar yesterday evening, and the first Dallas Cowboys preseason game popped up. It was a delight to see football back on the calendar again after so long! I was/am a bit giddy.
Nice!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 117
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 94
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 33

Happy Next To Last Day Of July! Today folks we have 117 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 94 days left until November, and 33 days to go until The Bers. Our next milestone will be on Monday when we see the Arrival Of August! That is such a big month folks. It’s the final full month we have left ahead of us before The Bers. We need to do something special in August. What can we do? Something to drag out this month as slowly as possible. Of course, I hope you’re enjoying the 50 Day Preview of The Bers in the Hang Out. But I think we should do something here specifically in August as we go into that full month of the Summer Sweatfest. Maybe Rich can come up with an idea since he’s great at them (yep I’m calling you out Rich). Now for all you turkey fans who just want July to stay here and not leave us well hang on to your hats. I hope you’ve all had a good and productive week but now the weekend is here folks. And thankfully we have a chance to enjoy it together here in this thread and with each other. Now for all you turkey fans keep it real this weekend and keep yourselves cool as a turkey. I guess that is without being in an oven you can stay cool but your house might feel like an oven. If it does, I wish you the best in keeping the home as cool as possible to avoid the Summer Sweatfest worst weather. Have a great Next To Last Day Of July!​

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
It's mac and cheese practice month. I bought some stuff at the grocery store to make a small batch this week, so we'll try a gruyere with smoked gouda and maybe add a little parmesan. I'd really like to throw this one in a pan on the grill instead of the oven and see how it turns out.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Yall...that Thanksgiving bug is starting to bite.
I was dusting the coffee table out on the front porch this morning and when I had it all cleared off I had visions of my fall floral arrangement sitting there! It felt like I time traveled for just a moment!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Guys, I was thinking about Thanksgiving just this morning. It really does feel like somehow the universe is calling to us for Fall and The Bers. There will be lots of feels tomorrow. I can't believe we are this close!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Last year they said there might be a Turkey shortage and there wasn’t. I bought mine early just in case. Well, Michelle told me this morning that Jimmy Johns and O’ Charley’s restaurants were out of Turkey this week stating that they couldn’t get any in. Shortage? Maybe. I think I’ll buy my bird early again this year. Just in case again.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Last year they said there might be a Turkey shortage and there wasn’t. I bought mine early just in case. Well, Michelle told me this morning that Jimmy Johns and O’ Charley’s restaurants were out of Turkey this week stating that they couldn’t get any in. Shortage? Maybe. I think I’ll buy my bird early again this year. Just in case again.
I know in the biggest turkey producing county in my state, there was a bird flue outbreak and all of the birds--commercial and backyard flocks--had to be destroyed. The news didn't say it is a big enough population to cause a shortage, but it did say to expect higher prices. With inflation, my thought was what else is new.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I know in the biggest turkey producing county in my state, there was a bird flue outbreak and all of the birds--commercial and backyard flocks--had to be destroyed. The news didn't say it is a big enough population to cause a shortage, but it did say to expect higher prices. With inflation, my thought was what else is new.
Everything is expensive these days!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 116
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 93
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 32

Happy Final Day Of July! Today folks we have 116 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 93 days left until November, and 32 days to go until The Bers. Our next milestone will be tomorrow folks. Believe it or not August will Arrive. And it will be such a big celebration. My friend Jason says August 1 is like the most exciting day for him. It’s kind of like that point ya know? You know you have 1 full month now to get ready for The Bers. And it feels close enough to be really excited but you still have plenty of time to get ready. Knowing the next time you flip the calendar it’s The Bers is an amazing feeling for sure when you get to that point. Be here on Monday for that major milestone here in the Summer Sweatfest. Folks it was pretty hot this week but somehow next week it might even get hotter by the looks of it. You all know I’m a big fan of summer and by no means am I rushing it but I definitely am at the point where I’m kind of looking forward to when it inevitably cools off a bit. Similar to how I feel around late January/early February looking forward to some mild temperatures eventually working their way in. But for all you fans of summer you’ve still got plenty of it to go. But right now I think we should all just enjoy our Sunday if you think that sounds good. Now for you turkey fans get out there and soak in a little heat. But come in to cool off in the a/c. Hopefully it will help. Have a great Final Day Of July!​

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image