Thanksgiving 2022 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Hasn't it just gotten painful to buy anything at all? I took a couple of grands to get registered for school for the stuff they make you do in person and then took them to lunch after. They wanted to go to Taco Bell and granted I haven't been there for at least five years. But for five tacos and three drinks it was almost 20 dollars. I couldn't believe it.
Wow!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 106
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 83
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 22

Happy Double Digits August! Today folks we have 106 days to go until that glorious day known as Thanksgiving. And we have 83 days remaining until that glorious month known as November. Finally, we have 22 days remaining until that glorious time of year known as The Bers. Yes, I’m feeling glorious today here folks in the Summer Sweatfest because I think our heat has peaked and we may (knock on wood) have felt the most extreme conditions for the summer season but we’ll see as we move forward. Our next milestone is in 6 days and you guessed it yes it’s the 100-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving. Now on to our poll for this week on this Wednesday like always!

If you couldn’t have Autumn Weather for Thanksgiving which season’s weather would you choose to have on turkey day?

• Spring – It feels closest to Autumn Weather
  • Summer – Let’s have a Sweatfest on Turkey Day
  • Winter – Let it be bitter cold and I’ll keep the oven on to keep it warm
  • I don’t care about the weather on Thanksgiving Day
  • I’m going with A folks. We have actually had C a few years back the temps didn’t get out of the 20s for HIGHS on Thanksgiving which is more like Mid-January type cold. It was brutal and I didn’t enjoy it. I don’t want it to be 85 degrees either (we never really have that anyway). But spring weather to me is as similar to autumn as it gets. What about you? What type of weather do you want for Thanksgiving Day if you can’t have autumn weather? Have a great August Double Digits!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
My answer is C. Winter.
I gotta have a chill in the air. Even if it's a bitter one. We've had a few warm Thanksgivings, and I don't prefer them. I want that Christmasy feel.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Hasn't it just gotten painful to buy anything at all? I took a couple of grands to get registered for school for the stuff they make you do in person and then took them to lunch after. They wanted to go to Taco Bell and granted I haven't been there for at least five years. But for five tacos and three drinks it was almost 20 dollars. I couldn't believe it.
Sad but true. Taco Bell used to be where we went to get a cheap dinner. And these days driving through Whataburger costs just as much as dining in a restaurant!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 106
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 83
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 22

Happy Double Digits August! Today folks we have 106 days to go until that glorious day known as Thanksgiving. And we have 83 days remaining until that glorious month known as November. Finally, we have 22 days remaining until that glorious time of year known as The Bers. Yes, I’m feeling glorious today here folks in the Summer Sweatfest because I think our heat has peaked and we may (knock on wood) have felt the most extreme conditions for the summer season but we’ll see as we move forward. Our next milestone is in 6 days and you guessed it yes it’s the 100-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving. Now on to our poll for this week on this Wednesday like always!

If you couldn’t have Autumn Weather for Thanksgiving which season’s weather would you choose to have on turkey day?

• Spring – It feels closest to Autumn Weather
  • Summer – Let’s have a Sweatfest on Turkey Day
  • Winter – Let it be bitter cold and I’ll keep the oven on to keep it warm
  • I don’t care about the weather on Thanksgiving Day
  • I’m going with A folks. We have actually had C a few years back the temps didn’t get out of the 20s for HIGHS on Thanksgiving which is more like Mid-January type cold. It was brutal and I didn’t enjoy it. I don’t want it to be 85 degrees either (we never really have that anyway). But spring weather to me is as similar to autumn as it gets. What about you? What type of weather do you want for Thanksgiving Day if you can’t have autumn weather? Have a great August Double Digits!​
My answer is C for the same reasons as @Rich. Thanksgiving just isn't the same if it's warm outside. I'd actually love if it were colder here for Thanksgiving.

Irish75

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Jan 7, 2018
Pittsburgh
I am going to go with C like everyone else. Im ok with being cold for Thanksgiving. The cold does not bother me around the holiday seasons. Its the one time of year i love a little chill and even some snow. After the new year Im done with it.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Sad but true. Taco Bell used to be where we went to get a cheap dinner. And these days driving through Whataburger costs just as much as dining in a restaurant!
Right? We have a mom and pop type restaurant here that is CHEAPER (and of course better) than going for fast food. And with the added benefit of supporting local and not big corporations.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I'm going to go with "C". Winter and Christmas/Thanksgiving feels just naturally go together. Spring you still get that "almost" Autumn feel, but it's not quite the real thing. Spring weather does much better as "Spooky Spring" because it's so October-like. But I think Thanksgiving needs to be cold! Have a great day!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
It has and I am definitely avoiding drive-thrus (a bad habit of mine) and maybe, just maybe if I convince myself of the $$$ savings and healthfulness of that change, I can splurge if it has spiked. Some years it feels like cheating and that I am missing out on the fun of prepping a full meal, other years it feels like a treat!

I am sure the grands enjoyed it immensely and what a nice thing to do. School registration isn't "fun" but you sure made it pretty special!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I'm going to go with "C". Winter and Christmas/Thanksgiving feels just naturally go together. Spring you still get that "almost" Autumn feel, but it's not quite the real thing. Spring weather does much better as "Spooky Spring" because it's so October-like. But I think Thanksgiving needs to be cold! Have a great day!
Looks like C was popular!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 105
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 82
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 21

Happy Sweet Summer! Today folks we have 105 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 82 days left until November, and 21 days to go until The Bers. Our next milestone folks is going to be next week on Tuesday. Let’s not think about that yet though folks. It will be the 100-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving. It will be a big one. And we have our Summer Sweatfest continuing in the awesome thread known as the Thanksgiving Thread which is thanks to all of you being here (that’s what truly makes it awesome). And thank you to those of you who were interested in contributing to our weekly poll yesterday. Let’s hope our friend CW can deliver a video or 2 (or 3) in his Thursday post. I see him off the ledge as the somewhat cooler air has taken over his area and he’s not a totally crazy hot and sweaty mess right now. Enjoy it CW because I’m sure we’ve got another 1 or 2 (or more) shots of real heat to go this summer season. But it’s nice to get a break from the intense heat at least. Now if you are a fan of turkey, CW, the polls, or his videos just make sure you know we’re in a great spot right now. We obviously have 3 weeks to go until The Bers folks. I know that’s hard to believe but it’s true. There is no going back. So it’s time to really slow things down as much as we can. And enjoy the ride here through this interesting month of August (unique with no real holidays in it). Keep it going turkey friends and have a great Thursday. Have a great Sweet Summer!​

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I hesitate to call it the Sweatfest anymore. It's more like Rainfest now. This past Sunday was the only day for two weeks that we got a break. Yesterday evening there was a huge thunderstorm during church and all kinds of lightning.

I don't mind the rain though as it's keeping the August heat at bay. Before we left for church yesterday, I stood outside for a minute, and for the briefest of moments there was a cool breeze that made it feel like Fall.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Tomorrow is my first Friday back working since May. I am taking off one Friday in October, but after that the next Friday I have off will be Black Friday! I bet it will be here sooner than I think it will!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I hesitate to call it the Sweatfest anymore. It's more like Rainfest now. This past Sunday was the only day for two weeks that we got a break. Yesterday evening there was a huge thunderstorm during church and all kinds of lightning.

I don't mind the rain though as it's keeping the August heat at bay. Before we left for church yesterday, I stood outside for a minute, and for the briefest of moments there was a cool breeze that made it feel like Fall.
By the way, it's all clear now. Whew!
1660265337698.png

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image