Thanksgiving 2022 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 104
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 81
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 20

Happy Dozen Days Of August! Today we have 104 days left until Thanksgiving, 81 days to go until November, and 20 days remaining until The Bers. Our next milestone is going to be on Tuesday folks. I don’t want to scare anyone but it will be the FINAL day we’re in triple digits EVER AGAIN in this thread. Ok maybe that did scare some of you. Well it will be the 100-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving. And folks – I’m starting to get nervous but excited seeing that Bers count at 20 days. Where is summer going? Well our Summer Sweatfest still has 20 full days to go until we enter our favorite season in this thread “Awesome Autumn.” It will be the season we all can agree we love and look forward to more than just about any season of the entire year in any thread. I hope you are all having a good week and are ready to enjoy your TGIF Friday style. It should be a good one I hope. I hope you all enjoy it very much. It’s going to be a big weekend I’m sure for most of you here in the summer. We had a great weekly countdown this week, poll and video post from CW. So we’ve kept our special unique times here going. And now for all you turkey fans out there I plead with you to just relax and enjoy Friday. We do have plenty of time to go till Thanksgiving, of course (well over 100 days) but that Bers count is getting a little scary. Keep yourselves well today and have a great time on this Friday. Have a great Dozen Days Of August!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Happy Friday! From looking at a lot of comments not just here on MMC, but also out there on my Facebook feed, a lot of people have begun decorating for Fall, and some (myself included) will continue to decorate this weekend. It's easy to have turkey thoughts now! Happy Friday, have a great day!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Happy Friday! From looking at a lot of comments not just here on MMC, but also out there on my Facebook feed, a lot of people have begun decorating for Fall, and some (myself included) will continue to decorate this weekend. It's easy to have turkey thoughts now! Happy Friday, have a great day!
I have not seen any Fall decorations going up around me yet. I'm sure it won't be long. I'm getting all of our totes and outside decorations down out of the attic two weeks from tomorrow. Because once they're sitting in the house, it drives Michelle crazy just seeing them. She's the type of person that doesn't like to put things off. "If something needs done, let's get it now" is her motto.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
It's time to talk FALL!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I have not seen any Fall decorations going up around me yet. I'm sure it won't be long. I'm getting all of our totes and outside decorations down out of the attic two weeks from tomorrow. Because once they're sitting in the house, it drives Michelle crazy just seeing them. She's the type of person that doesn't like to put things off. "If something needs done, let's get it now" is her motto.
Good motto!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 103
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 80
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 19

Happy August Teens! Today folks we have 103 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 80 until November, and 19 until The Bers. Our next milestone will be in 3 days. That’s also going to be a Tuesday if you check your calendars. And it will be the 100-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving. It should be such a major one as we welcome in our final day of triple digits in this thread. I know that is amazing. Heck I remember us being in the 360s count for Thanksgiving late last November. What happened? 300s gone. 200 gone. And fairly soon 100s gone? Hard to imagine that but it is coming soon. As we continue in the Summer Sweatfest for another 19 days realize we are into the teens now of our countdown for The Bers. And “Awesome Autumn” will start up as soon as The Bers do here in this thread for a long 2.5 months + of awesomeness. I hope you’re all doing well here on this weekend. It was a heck of a week as usual. I always feel so weird how I love my job yet the job is crazy and exhausting and then I go home and can’t wait to go back again. Very odd. Kind of I guess like a turkey’s job to keep us entertained strutting across the street. You’d think he would get tired of it but no he keeps doing it for us. I see NFL football on this week folks. Trust me I’m not a big preseason guy (as in the results really don’t matter at all) but I love seeing it on. It just is a sign of what’s to come. The Bers, Autumn and the Holiday Season. All ahead of us. Now for all you turkey fans keep it going all weekend long. Have a great August Teens!​

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 103
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 80
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 19

Happy August Teens! Today folks we have 103 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 80 until November, and 19 until The Bers. Our next milestone will be in 3 days. That’s also going to be a Tuesday if you check your calendars. And it will be the 100-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving. It should be such a major one as we welcome in our final day of triple digits in this thread. I know that is amazing. Heck I remember us being in the 360s count for Thanksgiving late last November. What happened? 300s gone. 200 gone. And fairly soon 100s gone? Hard to imagine that but it is coming soon. As we continue in the Summer Sweatfest for another 19 days realize we are into the teens now of our countdown for The Bers. And “Awesome Autumn” will start up as soon as The Bers do here in this thread for a long 2.5 months + of awesomeness. I hope you’re all doing well here on this weekend. It was a heck of a week as usual. I always feel so weird how I love my job yet the job is crazy and exhausting and then I go home and can’t wait to go back again. Very odd. Kind of I guess like a turkey’s job to keep us entertained strutting across the street. You’d think he would get tired of it but no he keeps doing it for us. I see NFL football on this week folks. Trust me I’m not a big preseason guy (as in the results really don’t matter at all) but I love seeing it on. It just is a sign of what’s to come. The Bers, Autumn and the Holiday Season. All ahead of us. Now for all you turkey fans keep it going all weekend long. Have a great August Teens!​
I'm not a big preseason guy either, and the games are mostly background noise for me, but the Cowboys and the Texans are both playing tonight so I've just got to watch. Also, I just love having football on TV again. Makes it feel like Fall. Soon enough we'll be watching the real thing. Have a great weekend!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I'm chiming in too on enjoying Pre-Season even though the outcomes don't matter. Having it on, even if it is just in the background, is a wonderful feeling, and it is a sign of things to come. Less than 4 weeks now until the "Official" start of the season. Football is distinctly Fall. Football and Thanksgiving also go hand in hand together. I couldn't be more ready!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I'm chiming in too on enjoying Pre-Season even though the outcomes don't matter. Having it on, even if it is just in the background, is a wonderful feeling, and it is a sign of things to come. Less than 4 weeks now until the "Official" start of the season. Football is distinctly Fall. Football and Thanksgiving also go hand in hand together. I couldn't be more ready!
It's great to see football back!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 102
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 79
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 18

Happy Summer Sunday! Today folks we have 102 days left until Thanksgiving ,79 to go until November, and 18 remaining until The Bers. Our next milestone will be the day after tomorrow. And all of you observant folks will notice that is 2 days from now which is when we reach the 100-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving. Absolutely incredible if you ask me. That is our next milestone indeed here in the Summer Sweatfest. Still we have 2 full weeks + another half week in front of us of this Summer Sweatfest. It’s been an interesting one but less sweating this weekend as things have calmed down. I’m not saying the real heat is over because just like as you move into the 2nd half of winter you know that despite the milder temps you will eventually get hit again with another shot of cold. And that’s how we know here in the summer eventually if it’s not hot now it will get hot again. But soon enough the hotter days will be less hot. And that’s more likely as we get into our “Awesome Autumn” season which takes us through a good majority of The Bers. The most wonderful season for sure. Actually that reminds me I have an interesting poll for you this week. This is one I’ve debated for a long time with myself. And I don’t think we have ever really had a poll about it. And it will make you think. It will make you sweat. It will make you wonder. Ok maybe it won’t be that difficult. But it’s one we’ll get to on Wednesday. Keep it real turkey fans on this Sunday. Have a great Summer Sunday!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Ditto!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 101
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 78
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 17

Happy Mid-August! Today folks we have 101 days left until Thanksgiving, 78 days to go until November, and 17 days remaining until The Bers. Our next milestone is TOMORROW folks. Yes, be here for the FINAL triple digits countdown EVER in this thread. It will be the 100-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving. And speaking of Thanksgiving, it is Monday so we do our Weekly Countdown Till Thanksgiving Week (which many of us consider the best week of the year) and it stands at 14 now. Yes we have lowered our weekly countdown by 1 into the lower part of the teens now. Ok, that must mean The Bers are coming soon. Because when I see that countdown drop through the teens I know it’s coming. Oh boy. I better get ready folks. I’m not ready. I won’t lie. But I have 17 days to get ready. I think this summer I’ve had fun but running all over the place and next weekend I’m telling everyone I’m busy (even though I’m not) and making it a weekend for myself to stay home some or just have time to take a walk, read, and slow everything down. And I think I’m going to reflect on The Bers ahead of us. It’s a good point to kind of do that now. For all you turkey fans out there I hope you’re enjoying your Monday as best as you can. The one good thing about Monday, for me at least is at work it’s always busy so there’s never a slow Monday at work. And coming home to rest Monday evening might be as good as it gets to me. I love that. Now keep it real turkey fans and have a great Monday. Have a great Mid-August!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I second the busy Mondays. I come home from Monday and most of the time just have enough energy to do dinner, have our evening walk, but I'm usually crashed out on the couch by 8:30 or 9 every night. Pretty soon that "crashing out" will be replaced with the loving term that my wife uses, "Grazing", which is when I am laying on the couch, half asleep, with a horror movie on TV! Have a great day!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image