Thanksgiving 2022 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 190
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 167
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 106

Happy Wacky Wednesday! Today we have 190 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 167 days to go until November and 106 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone is going to be (believe it or not) the 100-Day Marker Till The Bers in less than 1 week when stress-free time ends. Speaking of stress-free time let’s use that in today’s weekly poll!

Where does Thanksgiving fall in terms of stress to get ready for it?

• #1 the most stressful holiday of the year
  • #2 behind Christmas which is the most stressful
  • #3 behind Christmas + a 2nd holiday (can be anything but Thanksgiving)
  • Thanksgiving isn’t stressful at all
  • On this one I’m going to go out on a limb and say D. I think my reason is very simple. When Thanksgiving ends the stress begins for Christmas Season. So much running around/preparation when Thanksgiving is just about cooking and being with family at home. What about you? Have a great Wacky Wednesdy!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I am also going to answer "D" because unlike most people, I do not feel stressed by the holidays at all, especially not Thanksgiving. Each Holiday arriving brings to me a sense of peace and joy, and even in the build-up to them, I don't feel stressed out in the least.

We're almost to halfway to thanksgiving! I have to get my special hat ready so I can wear it to the office!

Have a great day!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
My answer is also D. Ain't no stress here. We keep it simple.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I'm also going to answer D. The holidays are way less stressful to me than any other time of the year. Work is slower, all of the big projects are finished, there's no deadlines to worry about, and all I've got to do is cook and buy stuff. Stress? No way.

Compare that with early to mid-year where work is way more hectic, there's hurricane season and other weather concerns to be worried about, the kids are in school...the list goes on.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
On the years it is my turn to make the turkey(s) for my extended family's celebration I am going to answer A, Christmas is not stressful at all, but years when I am not on turkey duty I will go with D.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 189
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 166
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 105

Happy Kane Day! Today we have 189 days till Thanksgiving, 166 days till November, and 105 days till The Bers. Our next milestone will be in 5 days from now when we reach the 100-Day Marker Till The Bers. That will be not this week thankfully. It gives us a chance to enjoy some more “Stress-Free” days right? I hope you all got to vote on the poll from Wednesday and if you didn’t get the chance please feel free to do so. And today we hope our friend CW will be back here to talk about Thanksgiving and spread some more cheer with more videos of what we wish to see turkey-wise. What do you think he’s here for? He’s here because he’s one of us who absolutely love and adore that special day known as Thanksgiving. It’s my favorite day of the year to talk with CW. We text daily for the last several years but on that day it’s the most special day I feel when I talk to him. I’m glad he’s here and all of you my good Thanksgiving turkey friends are here daily into and through our stress-free days. Let’s keep it going all and enjoy the time we have together left in stress-free season. I wonder what we’ll call the summer? Maybe just the Summer Sweatfest? 100-Days of Summer? I know officially it’s not but to me that basically is the summer is those 100 days. Or maybe the first 50 is the enjoyable days of summer and the 2nd 50 is the dog days of summer. We can talk about it. Have a great Kane Day!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 189
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 166
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 105

Happy Kane Day! Today we have 189 days till Thanksgiving, 166 days till November, and 105 days till The Bers. Our next milestone will be in 5 days from now when we reach the 100-Day Marker Till The Bers. That will be not this week thankfully. It gives us a chance to enjoy some more “Stress-Free” days right? I hope you all got to vote on the poll from Wednesday and if you didn’t get the chance please feel free to do so. And today we hope our friend CW will be back here to talk about Thanksgiving and spread some more cheer with more videos of what we wish to see turkey-wise. What do you think he’s here for? He’s here because he’s one of us who absolutely love and adore that special day known as Thanksgiving. It’s my favorite day of the year to talk with CW. We text daily for the last several years but on that day it’s the most special day I feel when I talk to him. I’m glad he’s here and all of you my good Thanksgiving turkey friends are here daily into and through our stress-free days. Let’s keep it going all and enjoy the time we have together left in stress-free season. I wonder what we’ll call the summer? Maybe just the Summer Sweatfest? 100-Days of Summer? I know officially it’s not but to me that basically is the summer is those 100 days. Or maybe the first 50 is the enjoyable days of summer and the 2nd 50 is the dog days of summer. We can talk about it. Have a great Kane Day!​
Summer Sweatfest is a pretty good choice, IMO. And I think you are completely right about the 100 days of Summer. The first 50 days generally are not too horrible hot, but you've got the second 50 right in the most horrible hot part of summer. Those final 50 days are the Sweatfest's last stand. Summer might still officially be in until September 21st, but there's a marked change at the end of July as we get into August. The humidity is finally falling down, and August has some nice cooler evenings, giving you a preview of whats to come. Yep. 100 Days of Sweatfest seems pretty accurate. Have a great day!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Next week will be burgers and dogs...whats more Mem Day than a cheeseburger?
Absolutely nothing. If Thanksgiving is the best meal of the year, then summer BBQ has to be close behind. I'm gonna grill burgers, dogs, links, chicken, ribs...and lest you think I'm not eating my veggies, corn on the cob...mmmmm...

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image