Thanksgiving 2022 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 113
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 90
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 29

Happy August Sweatfest! Today folks we have 113 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 90 days to go until November, and 29 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone is in 13 days and you can all plainly see it’s going to be the 100-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving. As we continue in the summer sweatfest our weekly poll today concentrates on the dog days of summer!

At what point are you ready for Autumn (tired of the heat/humidity)?

• Before summer even starts (Pre-Memorial Day)
  • Around the official start of summer (June 21st)
  • After July 4th is over
  • Never (I wish Autumn never came)
  • I’m going with C. I love summer but I’m not going to say I wish it would never end. But I always find by around the 2nd half of July is when I start to be overheated and dream of The Bers and Autumn weather. What about you? I hope you all have a great day today and take part in our weekly poll this week and for the weeks to come here in the month of August and beyond. Have a great August Sweatfest!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I'm going to go with "B" on this on. Generally, by mid June here, it is very hot, in the 80's and 90's, with most days around 85% humidity. But this year was the exception to the rule. We still had freezing temperatures at night for much of May, and even on Memorial Day weekend, it was a very chilly weekend, I recall the high only being in the low 60's, as I remembered going to work that day with my Dad and actually being cold riding around on the golf cart in the early morning. It really didn't start getting "hot hot" here until after July 4th weekend, when we had our little 4 day run of being in the 90's every day. Now, at least weather-wise, it seems like the heat is really fading. Our next 10 days only has the hottest day at 89 degrees, and my long-range forecast shows some days in the middle to end of August down in the 70's ! All that being said, it looks more and more like the arrival of September really will be the "sweet spot". Have a great day!

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
I gotta take C.

But to be honest, it is more around the middle of July. I love June, being out of school, ball season.....etc. When it gets to those dog days of summer, I start longing for Fall.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
I know this is not an option but for me it is by August or mid-august I am ready for Bers weather. But January 1st bring on summer!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I am going to vote for C too but it is usually by August 1 that I am ready for Autumn weather.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I'm going with C. I'm not sure when it will be exactly, but I know it's after the Fourth of July.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 112
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 89
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 28

Happy August Agony! Today folks we have 112 days left until Thanksgiving, 89 days remaining until November and 28 days to go until The Bers. Our next milestone will be in 12 days (which is the same as a dozen ironically). And I’m pretty sure you can guess what happens then by looking at our counts. That will be the 100-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving. It will mark the end of any triple digit counts in this thread…ever. I know that’s a little too scary for me too. But fortunately we have the 2nd half of this week/weekend and all next week before we have to worry about that. The Summer Sweatfest continues here today and maybe the hottest day of the week, month (and dare I say summer?). It’s going to be a scorcher out there. And hopefully our friend CW can help us cool off with some great videos of Thanksgiving. CW…I know you aren’t a fan of the heat so I’m hoping you are staying as cool as you possibly can. And hang in there. It’s August so we know eventually autumn will be here. But August certainly usually drags on very slowly but that’s a good thing for us so we have more time to prepare and get excited for what’s to come in The Bers. We’re all ready for it aren’t we? I hope so because I know that I am as well. Keep it real fans of Thanksgiving and turkey. Have a great August Agony!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
This week does seem like it's dragging a little bit. But that's ok. August is Fall Pre-Season, so in a way, it will make the Feels last longer. NFL Football is back on TV tonight. I have missed it terribly ever since I started watching that old classic stuff on NFL network a few weeks back, classic Superbowls and such, it really made me miss "the real thing". But now the wait is over. Football is back! The football & Thanksgiving connection is very strong. We are just missing the turkey today! Gobble Gobble, have a great day!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I think I will jump on the football wagon for tonight and see if I can get some of the Fall Feels for myself!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
No football for me, but I am watching David on QVC trying to sell me some lighted autumn pillows, which are so cute, but their "clearance" price of $39 keeps them from being alluring.

Went to a farmer's stand this afternoon and the gourds and squashes definitely gave me the feels.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image