Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 111
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 88
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 27

Happy August TGIF! Today folks we see the following numbers towards the following dates: 111 till Thanksgiving, 88 till November, and 27 till The Bers. Our next milestone will be not for 11 days still but beware it will be the final triple digit date in this thread EVER as we reach the 100-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving. That just seems crazy to me. Also, the Summer Sweatfest seems crazy to me with how hot it’s been. But hey that’s what the Summer Sweatfest is all about. And I kept telling myself yesterday there are plenty of cooler (and unfortunately colder) days ahead so don’t rush the summer. And I’m not. I actually am trying to have August crawl along as slow as possible. It will only build the anticipation for The Bers. And the weather in our area from September through November is often some really nice weather. So that’s something to look forward to. And that’s just another reason we love that time of year so much here. But I hope you all enjoyed this week here. And I hope you’ll enjoy the weekend as well. Thanks for being here all week and I wish you all a great and fantastic Friday ahead. You all are great being here as much as you are. Without you honestly I wouldn’t do this (what is this our 3rd year now?). And hopefully (if you all want) for a 4th year…but let’s not get ahead of ourselves lol. We have a LONG way to go including the best time of the year (The Bers). Have a great August TGIF!​
I’ll be here as long as you are my friend. Looking forward to many years of this with you all.

Last edited:

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 109
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 86
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 25

Happy August Weekend! Today folks we have 109 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 86 days to go until November, and 25 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone will be in 9 days when we reach the 100-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving. That means that the week ahead is milestone-free. And that kind of brings me back to our whole “Stress Free” season we went through here from St. Patrick’s Day through May 23rd. Ahh the good old days when we had no stress and simply enjoyed spring. Well now we’re in the Summer Sweatfest and we still have a quarter of it to go before our next season which is “Awesome Autumn.” And just like how the Summer Sweatfest started earlier than Summer “Awesome Autumn” will start earlier than Autumn. And that’s ok. We need as much Autumn as we can get. And I for one am looking forward to it. But we still have a quarter of a century days until that point in time. And saying it that way makes it sound a little further away than it is currently. Doesn’t it? And now folks you are all the ones who will enjoy today I hope with your family, friends, and loved ones. And I hope you have a great day if it’s busy. And a relaxing day if it’s not. I’ve had a few too many busy weekends and this one has turned out to be busier than I even originally thought. That just makes the weekend seem like a blur. That’s why I sometimes like hibernating in the winter weekends. Folks – Tomorrow be here for our Weekly Countdown Till Thanksgiving Week. Have a great August Weekend!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I’ve had a few too many busy weekends and this one has turned out to be busier than I even originally thought. That just makes the weekend seem like a blur. That’s why I sometimes like hibernating in the winter weekends.
Summer weekends do have a way of filling up quickly--I blame the longer days and lack of snow! LOL! I also think this is the time of summer when everyone is trying to fit in as much fun and socialization as they can and I agree it can make me long for a winter weekend at home.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Summer weekends do have a way of filling up quickly--I blame the longer days and lack of snow! LOL! I also think this is the time of summer when everyone is trying to fit in as much fun and socialization as they can and I agree it can make me long for a winter weekend at home.
Yeah that's one nice thing about winter an excuse to stay home sometimes!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 108
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 85
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 24

Happy August Week! Today folks we have 108 days remaining until Thanksgiving; 85 until November, and 24 until The Bers. Our next milestone will be the 100-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving. It won’t happen this week so let’s not think about it too much yet. It is 8 days from now as you can see from our counts (that’s 1 week + 1 day). And today is Monday so here we go with our Weekly Countdown Till Thanksgiving Week which stands at 15 weeks. Wow halfway now from 20 to 10. Pretty crazy huh? Into the mid-teens in our countdown now there. We continue along in the Summer Sweatfest here moving along at a nice but not too fast clip. The heat slowed it down a bit which is good. Hopefully we get a break from the real heat this week. And it looks like we might. Fingers crossed as these things change and you can never tell for sure until it actually happens. No offense to weather people. Now for all you turkey fans who want it to cool off just remember when our season comes in November there will be plenty of cooler days (hopefully not too cold by then) and it will make us think about that Thursday in November where we crave to be inside in the warmth of our house with the oven on and cooking the best Thanksgiving dinner ever. That’s our goal here and one of the best moments of the entire year or we wouldn’t be here talking about it all year long. Have a great August Week!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 111
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 88
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 27

Happy August TGIF! Today folks we see the following numbers towards the following dates: 111 till Thanksgiving, 88 till November, and 27 till The Bers. Our next milestone will be not for 11 days still but beware it will be the final triple digit date in this thread EVER as we reach the 100-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving. That just seems crazy to me. Also, the Summer Sweatfest seems crazy to me with how hot it’s been. But hey that’s what the Summer Sweatfest is all about. And I kept telling myself yesterday there are plenty of cooler (and unfortunately colder) days ahead so don’t rush the summer. And I’m not. I actually am trying to have August crawl along as slow as possible. It will only build the anticipation for The Bers. And the weather in our area from September through November is often some really nice weather. So that’s something to look forward to. And that’s just another reason we love that time of year so much here. But I hope you all enjoyed this week here. And I hope you’ll enjoy the weekend as well. Thanks for being here all week and I wish you all a great and fantastic Friday ahead. You all are great being here as much as you are. Without you honestly I wouldn’t do this (what is this our 3rd year now?). And hopefully (if you all want) for a 4th year…but let’s not get ahead of ourselves lol. We have a LONG way to go including the best time of the year (The Bers). Have a great August TGIF!​
I am late to replying to this post, so my apologies, but I want you to know that I really enjoy your threads here (Bers, Daily Holiday Hangout, Thanksgiving), and I hope that you keep them going. I might not post in them every day, but I promise you they are always on my mind, just like the thoughts of everything that happens after we reach The Bers..

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 108
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 85
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 24

Happy August Week! Today folks we have 108 days remaining until Thanksgiving; 85 until November, and 24 until The Bers. Our next milestone will be the 100-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving. It won’t happen this week so let’s not think about it too much yet. It is 8 days from now as you can see from our counts (that’s 1 week + 1 day). And today is Monday so here we go with our Weekly Countdown Till Thanksgiving Week which stands at 15 weeks. Wow halfway now from 20 to 10. Pretty crazy huh? Into the mid-teens in our countdown now there. We continue along in the Summer Sweatfest here moving along at a nice but not too fast clip. The heat slowed it down a bit which is good. Hopefully we get a break from the real heat this week. And it looks like we might. Fingers crossed as these things change and you can never tell for sure until it actually happens. No offense to weather people. Now for all you turkey fans who want it to cool off just remember when our season comes in November there will be plenty of cooler days (hopefully not too cold by then) and it will make us think about that Thursday in November where we crave to be inside in the warmth of our house with the oven on and cooking the best Thanksgiving dinner ever. That’s our goal here and one of the best moments of the entire year or we wouldn’t be here talking about it all year long. Have a great August Week!​
15 weeks! Holy geez...I guess it's time to start looking for turkey. I hope Popeye's has their cajun turkeys available again this year.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
15 weeks! Holy geez...I guess it's time to start looking for turkey. I hope Popeye's has their cajun turkeys available again this year.
I thought the same thing when I saw that we are at 15 weeks! I am eager to see when the two local grocery stores will post their Holiday Meal offerings and to see how much the prices have changed since last year. Right now, after a very HOT & HUMID weekend, I am leaning towards purchasing a dinner again this year for Thanksgiving Day, but that could all change!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I thought the same thing when I saw that we are at 15 weeks! I am eager to see when the two local grocery stores will post their Holiday Meal offerings and to see how much the prices have changed since last year. Right now, after a very HOT & HUMID weekend, I am leaning towards purchasing a dinner again this year for Thanksgiving Day, but that could all change!
I hear that Cracker Barrel has a phenomenal Thanksgiving dinner!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
It could!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 107
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 84
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 23

Happy Overwhelming Heat! Today folks we have 107 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 84 days left until November, and 23 days to go until The Bers. Our next milestone folks will be in 1 week. It will be the 100-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving. It will be a big one for sure but luckily it means we have a full week of NO MILESTONES still ahead of us starting today and lasting through next week on Monday. Now don’t forget we are still entrenched in the “Summer Sweatfest” here in this thread. And we still have more than 3 weeks of it to go so lots of sweating to go. I know CW is probably on the ledge right now. Hopefully the heat will ease a bit. Nobody wants it too hot in the summer nor too cold in the winter. If you’re a fan of turkey and you’re in this thread hopefully you’re staying cool. Maybe trying to take a dunk in a pool will help. I’m not sure if turkey dreams are enough to keep you cool depending how hot it is. That will be the big deciding factor. But until then folks I hope you all have a great day today on Tuesday. And I hope that you all enjoy your time just trying to have a good and positive day with all good things. As long as we stay in August we’ll keep all 3 of our counts ahead of us and that’s the goal this month especially. Have a great Overwhelming Heat!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Suffering through a hot day now is totally different even from a month ago. The sun is still very hot out, but I do feel like I have felt its power sort of "waning". Even when it is hot at about 6 or 7 PM, it feels different as the sun gets lower in the sky, as opposed to June and July where it just baked you as long as you could see light. We've got some 50 degree overnight lows moving in this weekend, It's really going to feel like The Bers then. Have a great day!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Suffering through a hot day now is totally different even from a month ago. The sun is still very hot out, but I do feel like I have felt its power sort of "waning". Even when it is hot at about 6 or 7 PM, it feels different as the sun gets lower in the sky, as opposed to June and July where it just baked you as long as you could see light. We've got some 50 degree overnight lows moving in this weekend, It's really going to feel like The Bers then. Have a great day!
You're so right. I mowed on Sunday evening, and whereas I'd usually be complaining about the heat, it did not bother me because my mindset is already in "Fall mode," and I know summer is nearing its end. AND the sunsets are already happening about 24 minutes earlier now than at the time of the Solstice!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I hear that Cracker Barrel has a phenomenal Thanksgiving dinner!
I bet they do! I don't get there very often (the closest one to me is about an hour away), but when I do I always get the cheesy hashbrowns!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Hasn't it just gotten painful to buy anything at all? I took a couple of grands to get registered for school for the stuff they make you do in person and then took them to lunch after. They wanted to go to Taco Bell and granted I haven't been there for at least five years. But for five tacos and three drinks it was almost 20 dollars. I couldn't believe it.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image