Thanksgiving 2022 Thread

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Tomorrow will be the last of the triple digits in the countdown and the Bers are bearing down on us. The first Fall Festival that we will attend is only 4 weeks away. The joys of the holiday seasons are drawing near. I can't wait!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I second the busy Mondays. I come home from Monday and most of the time just have enough energy to do dinner, have our evening walk, but I'm usually crashed out on the couch by 8:30 or 9 every night. Pretty soon that "crashing out" will be replaced with the loving term that my wife uses, "Grazing", which is when I am laying on the couch, half asleep, with a horror movie on TV! Have a great day!
...with a baby in your lap!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I will be here for the milestone tomorrow for sure! It's going to be wild not seeing anymore triple digits in the countdown for this thread. Makes you kind of excited for what's ahead, doesn't it?
Very excited!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I second the busy Mondays. I come home from Monday and most of the time just have enough energy to do dinner, have our evening walk, but I'm usually crashed out on the couch by 8:30 or 9 every night. Pretty soon that "crashing out" will be replaced with the loving term that my wife uses, "Grazing", which is when I am laying on the couch, half asleep, with a horror movie on TV! Have a great day!
Soon!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 100
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 77
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 16

Happy Middle Day Of August! Today folks we have 100 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 77 days left until November, and 16 days to go until The Bers. It’s MILESTONE DAY folks as we have reached the 100-Day Marker Till Thanksgiving and today marks the FINAL TIME you’ll ever see a triple digits countdown in this thread…EVER! Does that scare you a little? It makes me more excited than scared. Now our next milestone you may ask how much scarier can it get? I’ll tell you. It can get scarier (and more exciting). It will be in 6 days from now and it will be the Home Stretch to The Bers. Folks – I don’t know how much more serious we can get other than maybe being on Thanksgiving Eve J. And I know our ultimate goal is Thanksgiving but I know for a fact all of us LOVE the entire Bers so really we don’t want this to come too fast and go too fast. So let’s really settle in here and slow it down a bit. And hopefully enjoy our day here on a Tuesday in August in the summer. That’s a big key this time of the year. We continue in our Summer Sweatfest. Fortunately, it’s not as sweaty as it has been in the past few weeks. It’s more comfortably warm. I’m sure we’ll get some more hot weather. But it will become less oppressive overtime and even as a summer lover that is a good thing. Now turkey fans enjoy your Tuesday will you? If not I will have a turkey chase after you. Have a great Middle Day Of August!​

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I definitely don't want to be chased by a turkey, so I will indeed enjoy this Tuesday.

But what's not to enjoy? We're here on a milestone day at the last time we will ever see triple digits in ANY of our counts in this thread! That's pretty exciting if you ask me. Next month I'll bet we start seeing a bunch of Macy's Parade announcements.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 99
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 76
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 15

Happy Wonderful Wednesday! Today folks we have 99 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 76 days to go until November, and 15 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone will be in 5 days folks. It will be the “Home Stretch” to The Bers. Won’t that be wonderful? We are here in the Summer Sweatfest dreaming of the months ahead of us well today’s poll asks a very difficult question.

Which is better?
  • September 1 – Thanksgiving Eve
  • Thanksgiving Day – New Year’s Eve
  • They are equally awesome
  • Only 3 choices today folks but this is about as tough as it gets for me. I purposely made A a lot longer of a time period and yet B has the biggest 3 days of the year in it (Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day). But you know I’m a Halloween crazy fan. And a football fan. And…I’ll stop stalling. Overall, I’m going to say A. I don’t want to cop out and say C which is the easier answer. But trust me anyone choosing B I’m not going to criticize you. What do you think? I hope you all enjoy your Wednesday my turkey friends. Have a great Wonderful Wednesday!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 99
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 76
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 15

Happy Wonderful Wednesday! Today folks we have 99 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 76 days to go until November, and 15 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone will be in 5 days folks. It will be the “Home Stretch” to The Bers. Won’t that be wonderful? We are here in the Summer Sweatfest dreaming of the months ahead of us well today’s poll asks a very difficult question.

Which is better?
  • September 1 – Thanksgiving Eve
  • Thanksgiving Day – New Year’s Eve
  • They are equally awesome
  • Only 3 choices today folks but this is about as tough as it gets for me. I purposely made A a lot longer of a time period and yet B has the biggest 3 days of the year in it (Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day). But you know I’m a Halloween crazy fan. And a football fan. And…I’ll stop stalling. Overall, I’m going to say A. I don’t want to cop out and say C which is the easier answer. But trust me anyone choosing B I’m not going to criticize you. What do you think? I hope you all enjoy your Wednesday my turkey friends. Have a great Wonderful Wednesday!​
A is a much longer time frame full of wonderful things. But B has the food, the lights, and the big three days. I'm tempted to say C, but that's the easy way out. So if I had to give one up for a year, either A or B, then I would say B is better. I could give up A and not be totally heart broken. I couldn't give up B.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I was going to take the easy way out and say C, but you know what? No.

I'm going to side with the majority and vote B. The Christmas season is my favorite time of year, so as much as I love option A, I can't give up option B.

Now, had you included Thanksgiving Day under option A, that would have made this a whole lot harder.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image