Thanksgiving Dinner..

Sunshine73

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 26, 2005
Illinois
...what's your menu look like? Is it the same every year or do you change it up a bit now and again?

For us Thanksgiving dinner consists of:

A veggie tray
Turkey (at least a 22lb-er)
Mashed potatoes
Gravy
Stuffing
Candied Yams
Green bean casserole
Scalloped corn
Baked Beans
Burn 'n Serve Rolls

For dessert:

Pumpkin pie
Chocolate pie
Banana cream pie

Our holiday menu rarely, if ever, varies. I think the last change was made way back when I was kid and my aunt decided to add green bean casserole to the menu. It was quite controversial at the time and there was a lot of family discussion about just what it was she thought she was doing...but it all worked out and now we LOVE our green bean casserole!!

snowytree

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 16, 2008
GA
Turkey
Stuffing
Potatoes
Sweet potatoes
Green bean casserole
Bread
Deviled eggs
Cranberry sauce
Cherry salad
Vegetable tray
Pumpkin pies-usually 2
Cheesecake-my SIL makes it every year

Only 17 more days to eat it all!
:wiggy:

novelist

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2007
connecticut
:thanks:My sister always has so much to eat everyear. WE start out with appetizers. Shrimp, cheese and crackers, stuffed mushrooms. Dinner consists of turkey, potatoes, gravy, stuffing, relish tray, stuffed shells, yams, another vegetable, usually corn or green beans. rolls. Dessert is apple pie, pumpkin, and like i posted in another thread, this year is my sister's birthday, so her husband will have a cake for her too.

auntieclaus

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 12, 2008
Appetizers:
Marinated Cheese
Port Wine Cheese Spread
Ring Bologna & Pepperoni
Cocktail Weiners
Cold Shrimp
Crackers
Hot Spiked Cider
Sparkling Wine
25-27lb Turkey (brined the night before)
Mashed Potatoes
Stuffing (in the bird)
Candied Sweet Potatoes
Brussel Sprouts
Corn
Peas & Onions
Roasted Asparagus
Coleslaw
Cranberry Sauce
Olives, Pickles Relish Tray
Rolls & Biscuits
More Wine
Coffee & Tea
Pumpkin Log
Pumpkin Pie
Apple Pie
Gooey Butter Cake

mmm, can't wait!!

SparkleNana

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
May 19, 2008
Sunshine_73 --- I loved your post on how your family cherishes tradition so strongly, decade after decade! we are going to a new house this year! A family member - in the younger adult generation - who has never hosted Thanksgiving before! It is exciting. I know that she has requested one grandmother to bring her traditional stuffing. (It is a good peaceful stuffing, because both vegetarians and meat-eaters can eat it!) I better reply to her evite and see what my assignment is.

In past years, this young married has brought ultra-fabulous huge salads to holiday dinners! This will be a lot of fun! (Remember, every nuclear family can make their "must-have" menu at home, for their own vast supply of left-overs. This is our gigantic "celebratiob" meal!)

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image