Thanksgiving's on the way

Smiley21

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Apr 29, 2009
Atlanta, GA
What are you excited about the most?

I think it goes without saying for me, its the Macy's Parade! Its always nice to be able to hold on to that part of my childhood & relive it.

Secondly, my moms cooking! She's the best cook ever & she hardly cooks anymore these days just when the mood strikes her & holidays.

Reactions: 8 people

XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn
The parade is what i look forward to most each year. However of course the staples of family and food is pretty close. heheheh

Reactions: 2 people

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
The parade this year, followed by the food

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I like the Macy's parade ... my parents used to send me next door to my grandparents to watch it while they made fruitcakes for Christmas. (Their fruitcakes required a few weeks in the fridge to mellow.) I enjoyed that because my grandparents had a color TV set and gave me lunch afterward. Then I dashed home and started listening to Christmas records ... cheesy

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
The parade, then watching Miracle On 34th Street, then a wonderful meal with family! Mmmmmmm.... and the smell of all that yummy food....

mommytotwo

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Oct 3, 2009
I also like to watch the Macys Thanksgiving parade. But the thing that I am most looking forward to which now happens a day or two before Thanksgiving is putting up my :tree: Christmas tree. cheesy

lilnoelelf

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Lifer
Sep 27, 2010
Monroe, Louisiana Home of Duck Dynasty
the Macys Thanksgiving parade ......................lol me too! I'm looking forward to spend time with my family. this year is going to be extra special to me because my sisters and brothers and my dearest best friend who I havent seen in 6 years will all be here!!! I start cooking the day before,(I already have my thanksgiving meal list done!!) and then the day after we put up the christmas tree. I can't wait!!!!:)

Reactions: 3 people

TamaraQT

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Lifer
Oct 11, 2009
New Jersey
I am looking forward to many things this year for Thanksgiving. For one, I am not hosting this year, and I have decided not to accept any invitations this year to dinner. I am going to cook at home for just me and my household. So I look forward to preparing and enjoying a scrumptious meal at home. No muss, no fuss, just us.

The next thing I am looking forward to for Thanksgiving is the Macys Thanksgiving Day Parade. My 4 year old daughter Kayla will enjoy watching it more this year, than ever before. Things like that never held her interest long before because she didn't quite understand it. This year she will be old enough to enjoy it since she knows what a parade is. I have a feeling it may be a big highlight of her day.

Another thing is, Kmart is always open on Thanksgiving day. My tradition is to put the turkey in the oven and run to Kmart for a few of those sale items. I am never out long but I look forward to it every year.

The next thing I look forward to for Thanksgiving is to get ready for my Black Friday Shopping. Go online and look at the deals, and go through the sales ad in the paper. Make my list and be ready. The online items will probably go on sale at midnite. I will grab as much as I can online. But for the in-store only items, I will be ready to leave the house at 3am with all the other Black Friday Shoppers!!! Yep, I sure can't wait.

Reactions: 4 people

Smiley21

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Apr 29, 2009
Atlanta, GA
TamaraQT: We normally don't "host" a dinner, but we take turns so every few years my family will host a dinner. But last year my mom did something different. She cooked dinner for JUST US! No extra messes or food to cook, just us. It was sooooo good. She made us get dressed & we had dinner. I really enjoyed the intimacy of it especially because my brother & I are now adults. After we ate we went to our other families houses, but I enjoyed it a lot.

Smiley21

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Apr 29, 2009
Atlanta, GA
BTW, my mom makes a MEAN seafood dressing. Sounds uncanny but boy is it delicious! It has crab meat & shrimp in it...mmm mmm mmm I can taste it now!

Reactions: 1 person

caninemom3

MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
MMC Lifer
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
I look forward first to the parade and while the parade is on I decorate the tree !!! After that it's Thanksgiving dinner !!

snowangel_x3

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Member
Oct 13, 2007
Honestly I look forward to the pumpkin pie and the Turkey the most! Just thinking about Thanksgiving makes me hungry lol

Courtney

Makin' A Comeback!
MMC Lifer
Jul 21, 2008
Home
Pie... And family. But, I am really looking forward to the pie.
:munch:

Adam

Formally xrockchild
MMC Member
Apr 11, 2010
California
I am so excited because we usually put up THE CHRISTMAS TREE and THE LIGHTS!!!

Its such a wonderful day of Christmas music, hot coco, yummy smells from the kitchen and putting up the decor. It will be a great day.

hilarios

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 10, 2008
Wisconsin
Family, Food, Football... then shopping! :) I love looking at the ads!

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
There are so many things I look forward too at Thanksgiving...The parades on TV, the food as there are only certain foods that I made around the holidays, family that comes over. My aunt and her husband have joined us for the past 3 years and looks like they will joining us again this year.

Growing up it was always just me and my parents for Thanksgiving so I really enjoy having extended family over. Once Thansgiving dinner/dessert is over the offical Christmas Season starts for us.

TamaraQT

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Lifer
Oct 11, 2009
New Jersey
TamaraQT: We normally don't "host" a dinner, but we take turns so every few years my family will host a dinner. But last year my mom did something different. She cooked dinner for JUST US! No extra messes or food to cook, just us. It was sooooo good. She made us get dressed & we had dinner. I really enjoyed the intimacy of it especially because my brother & I are now adults. After we ate we went to our other families houses, but I enjoyed it a lot.

I don't know why I refer to it as "hosting", LOL. Anyway, this year, I will be able to do what your mom did last year. Dinner for JUST US!! And I am so looking forward to it. Sometimes and intimate quiet dinner at home is very enjoyable. I can't wait.

MsChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 8, 2008
Maryland, USA
BTW, my mom makes a MEAN seafood dressing. Sounds uncanny but boy is it delicious! It has crab meat & shrimp in it...mmm mmm mmm I can taste it now!

That sounds delicious! Im from Maryland home of the BEST CRABS cheesy I am a huge fan of crab and shrimp. Sounds sooo good!

MsChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 8, 2008
Maryland, USA
Im excited for the WHOLE week of Thanksgiving! I have off of work on Wednesdays and we are always off work on Thanksgiving and the day after. So I will be off Wednesday - Sunday and go back into work on Monday. My oldest son will be almost 4 years old and I hope he enjoys the Macy's parade this year even more then he did last year. I love watching that! Of course the food too! We eat at my In laws almost like a late lunch around 1 or 1:30 then we go over my parents for round 2 around 4ish. Its just a day of indulging in yummy food!

:family:

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image