Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That Christmas You'll Never Forget

Discussion in 'Traditions & Memories' started by angelpugs, Aug 12, 2017.

1. angelpugs

angelpugs Santa Clausologist Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

As i believe most of us have that one christmas that stands out for one reason or another,it just seems to stick with us as there has been one that just sticks with me i guess because it was special.We lived on our farm and it was a very cold and snowy holiday which looking back it was a blizzard and my grandparents stayed with us my dad and grandfather brought wood in for the woodstove.My mom and grandmother lit the lanterns and candles as we had power the used them and the only thing lit was the tree which days before we cut ourselves from up in back.I remember the homemade hot cocoa going on the woodstove and the smell of pine that flowed through the house and we enjoyed some cookies which we're still a bit warm and my grandfather telling us a christmas story.Christmas morning was grandma's hot chocolate and oranges,banana's as we gathered by the tree to unwrap our gifts which we got to just grab and open.Christmas dinner always smelled good which most was from scratch and although the food smelled good so did that pine from our tree and the fresh greens which my mom and grandmother made decor for the house.Christmas was always special at our home but,this one has stuck with me,that christmas we got new knitted hats and mittens and we got a quilt made by my grandmother and mother which we loved so very much.Looking back that christmas i will hold so dear an near to my heart.

Minta, Holiday and sugarmuffin25 like this.
  2. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

I've told this story before but my most memorable was mom, dad, my sister & I going to church on Christmas Eve (after supper) - when we got home, Santa had come & my brother was full of soot. It was all over his clothes & his hands. He was so excited as he explained to me how he got to meet Santa & he helped him carry the gifts in through the fireplace! I was totally amazed!!! Couldn't believe he actually got to help SANTA!!

Another one is the year this same brother was in Honduras through the Peace Corps, & my Grandma was in Florida for the winter! We were having Christmas Eve at my parents when there was a knock on the patio door. We opened the door to find 2 big packages standing there! We unwrapped it & of course it was my brother & my Grandma! That was a great celebration!!

SnowflakeMom and Minta like this.