Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

The gift you wanted !

Discussion in 'Traditions & Memories' started by Christmasplease, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer MMC Donor Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Talk Alum 2018 Ornament Exchanger Santa's Elf

So, when I was little there was a gift I really, really wanted but never got. It was the Tubsy doll. Funny how that memory stayed with me. Is there a gift you really, really, really wanted as a child but never got?

2. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

I bet there was but it must not have been that important to stick with me lol

I do remember wanting a Cabbage Patch doll one Christmas and apparently they were very very hard to come by that year as they were so popular. I did not get it on Christmas day but Santa delivered it a few days later :) So I did get it in the end.

Holiday likes this.
  3. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer MMC Donor Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Talk Alum 2018 Ornament Exchanger Santa's Elf

Yes I remember the cabbage patch doll! I stood in line for one!

Holiday likes this.
  4. Mr. Hankey

Mr. Hankey Elf Choir Book Distributor MMC Premiere Member

When I was about 10 or so I remember wanting the 'Electro-Shot Shooting Gallery (by Marx)'. Many years later I realized I did not receive that because it was something that made quite a bit of noise. At my house at Christmas, the more noise that a toy or game made, the less of a chance anyone would find it underneath the Christmas tree.

However I remember one year my Grandparents gave my younger sister a Hungry Hungry Hippos game. My mom did not like that.

Holiday and Christmasplease like this.
  5. Ornamentmaven

Ornamentmaven Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger 2018 Ornament Exchanger

As a 6 year old, I wanted a toy sno-cone maker (about 1962). My Mom spent hours trying to convince me the toy was just junk - and guess what - Santa must have agreed with her!

Holiday likes this.
  6. Holiday

Holiday North Pole Resident MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum

I know there were gifts I wanted that I never received, but I can't remember what they were...

Christmasplease likes this.
  7. Christmasplease

Aww. I wanted one of those too, but never for it.

Holiday likes this.
  8. Mr. Noel

Mr. Noel Tinsel Straightener Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

Funny story. And a little different. I was kind of spoiled as a child, I usually got most of my wishes for Christmas. One year, I must have been something like 13, I really wanted the movie "I know what you did last summer". It looked quite scary to an adolescent, and that obviously spoke to me. Christmas comes, and wouldnt you know it, the movie is wrapped and under the tree. However, when I had removed the wrapping and was about to put it on, my parents told me that I wasnt allowed to watch it before I turned 15. o_O :p

Holiday likes this.
  9. Christmasplease

-grinch- Oh nooooooo!

Holiday and Mr. Noel like this.
  10. SnowDog

SnowDog Reindeer Pooper Scooper Merry Forums Member

I can't really remember anything I wanted when I was a kid... every year I got the same thing, cat treats and socks (I still have my kitty and she still gets treats lol!). Now that i'm an adult I really want a cast iron skillet though...

Christmasplease and Holiday like this.
  11. Holiday

Ha ha ha - oh yikes!!!!

Mr. Noel likes this.
  12. Holiday

Cast iron are the only skillets I use. ♥ them!

SnowDog likes this.
  13. Contented

Contented Elf Choir Book Distributor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum 2018 Ornament Exchanger

I can remember it like it was yesterday.I opened my last present that cold Christmas morning and there was a tickles doll.Everytime I hugged her she giggled.I loved her so much I took her to show and tell at school.When we started back after our Christmas vacation.I was the only one in my class to get one.She still brings a bright smile to my face all these years later.

SnowDog and Christmasplease like this.
  14. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger 2018 Ornament Exchanger

A Snoopy Snow Cone Maker and an easy bake oven, 1980's version.

15. WintersElf

WintersElf Sugar Cookie Tester MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Talk Alum

well since in my household back then.we were not allowed to touch the tv ever.we never saw tv ads of what kids were paying with..it was always news stations.anyways i wanted roller skates..i did get some.but they werent what i wanted.these were metal you slip on your shoes...and the fancy ones with a puff ball on it...i didnt complain...haha

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  16. christmasjingles

christmasjingles Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer

When I was 5, I really wanted a Patty Play Pal doll. I wanted a doll that was the same size as me and envisioned taking it by the hand and walking with it. After some time, I gave up on the idea and no longer wanted it. The, the Christmas when I was 8, guess what was wrapped and under the tree? Yep, a Patty Play Pal which, by then, I didn’t want at all, mostly because I was a lot taller than it was and I had lost interest.

17. novelist

novelist Santa's Sleigh Designer MMC Lifer

I got most everything I asked for on Christmas and then some. With that said, I can honestly say, I had great Christmases growing up.

NutmegNan and Christmasplease like this.
  18. Christmasplease

I put my Christmas list out there yearly. I think something gets lost in the translation sometimes though. Lol.

19. Contented

Contented Elf Choir Book Distributor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum 2018 Ornament Exchanger

I remember one Christmas I asked for a tickles doll.Oh the joy I felt Christmas morning when I came out and found her.Most of the time we got pretty much what we wanted but this Christmas I wanted it so bad I was scared.

20. leah

leah Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member

I'm pretty sure every year I asked for this doll that was "life size" and one of the "laptops" that just had pixelated educational games on a screen that was just a little square in the center, haha. Never got one of either.