Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

The gift you wanted !

Discussion in 'Traditions & Memories' started by Christmasplease, Jul 29, 2018.

1. sugarmuffin25

sugarmuffin25 Christmas Fanatic Merry Forums Member MMC Premiere Member

I loved the original Strawberry Shortcake dolls as a child and collected them. I wanted the old mean man doll (I think he was the Purple Pie Man?) but never got him.

Lynn68 and Christmasplease like this.
  2. GhostOfChristmasPast

GhostOfChristmasPast Chestnut Roaster Merry Forums Member

Erector Set, I always wanted one. Maybe still do... -gift-

3. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

I also never got the “Operation” game. I bought one for my kids a few years ago. Ha, ha, “for my kids.” -grinch-

Lynn68 likes this.
  4. Christmasplease

Christmasplease Ornament Craftsman MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Talk Alum

Barbie camper

Lynn68 likes this.
  5. shrcpark

shrcpark Reindeer Feeder Technician Merry Forums Member

Easy bake oven

6. Christmas24/7

Christmas24/7 Snowman Engineer MMC Lifer

An easy bake oven.

7. Lynn68

Lynn68 Santa Clausologist MMC Lifer

Back when I was a little girl in the later 1970s, I wanted a Baby Alive doll, an Easy Bake oven, and a Barbie swimming pool. I never got any of them because times were tough when only dad worked and there were 5 of us kids.

8. Christmasplease

It seems a few people didn’t get an Easy Bake Oven. I got one, I think that’s why I didn’t get the Tubsy doll. :)

Lynn68 likes this.
  9. Christmas24/7

Christmas24/7 Snowman Engineer MMC Lifer

I think my mom said she couldn't justify because I could just bake in a real oven. :/ True, but that wasn't near as cool. Haha. When my kids wanted one, they got one. LOL.

For the most part, when it comes to Christmas, they get the one main thing they ask for (they have to narrow things down to their #1 request), as long as it is within reason and the budget, even if it isn't something I think is super practical. Christmas is a time to make their dreams come true! (Again, within reason though).