Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Attention! The Gifts of Santa's Sleigh -- a True Story

Discussion in 'My Merry Christmas HQ' started by Jeff Westover, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Jeff Westover

Jeff Westover Chief Santa Tracker MMC Founder Kringle Radio DJ Christmas Card Exchanger Santa's Elf

So earlier this week I told you about being contacted from one of our old friends that we've worked with in the past with Santa's Sleigh. He is a pastor of a church in Oklahoma and he recently became aware of a single mother with three small children working two jobs who couldn't provide a Christmas for her kids -- and he asked if we could help.

We are pretty short this year so I was a little worried until he told me all it would take would be about $200 for this family. I sent him the money.

The ladies of his church went to work and this lady was extremely grateful. In fact she insisted on being able to send a thank you note. The pastor contacted me with this request and I refused, stating that Santa's Sleigh flies in the dark of night and gives anonymously. I told him that if she wanted to give thanks to find someone she could help in some small way to have a Merry Christmas.

She works for a fast food place and at the end of her shift on Wednesday her boss gave her a gift card. She decided to "pay it forward" and used the card to buy a meal for a car in the drive thru. That started a string that extended more than 80 cars. She stood in tears for nearly two hours after her shift as car after car paid for the car behind them -- amazed at how the giving of something so small spread so far.

She told her pastor that God was teaching her this Christmas.

He tells me, "Brother Westover, by helping her to receive you have also taught her to give. She is aglow with the Christmas spirit and I cannot contain her energy in trying to help others here this week. She is serving neighbors and asking at every opportunity what she can do to help. She is smiling when just weeks ago she was downcast and dreading Christmas. She is inspiring others now and I can feel so many around me giving to others because of gifts like yours. It is a blessed season. God bless you and your merry elves."

And that, boys and girls, is why we do this. Thank you for making this possible.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  2. e_xander

e_xander Executive Producer, Tracking Santa MMC Lifer Kringle Radio DJ Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum Santa's Elf

Amazing....simply amazing....love seeing the true spirit of Christmas shine through!!

3. Jeff Westover

Jeff Westover Chief Santa Tracker MMC Founder Kringle Radio DJ Christmas Card Exchanger Santa's Elf

It's humbling. Takes my breath away -- every time.

4. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Kringle Radio DJ Louann Jeffries Award Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Crew Santa's Elf

Now THAT'S a Christmas story. And a true one, at that. Christmas stories really do happen in real life.

5. caninemomssister

caninemomssister Chestnut Roaster MMC Lifer

This is the true meaning of Christmas.

6. MsRose

MsRose Christmas Card Fanatic MMC Donor Merry Forums Member

Such a heartwarming story thank you so much for sharing with us.
    :candycaneman
    I base each and everything I do in my life on paying it forward, as many years ago when I struggled somebody paid it forward to me and it forever changed my journey through life.

7. HollyJolly

HollyJolly Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant MMC Lifer MMC Donor Christmas Card Exchanger

AWESTRUCK!

8. RachRon

RachRon Elf Supervisor MMC Lifer MMC Premiere Member Christmas Card Exchanger

Christmas spirit in full display .. Great story .

9. Jeff Westover

Thank you to our "late" contributors. Your generosity is so very appreciated. Our fund for 2016 is off to the best start in years. Thank you!

Christmasstar, Ryan, MsRose and 2 others like this.
  10. Contented

Contented Elf Choir Book Distributor MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum 2018 Ornament Exchanger

Christmas spirit is so wonderful.

11. Ryan

Ryan Christmas Podmaster MMC Lifer MMC Donor Christmas Crew

That's wonderful!

And it happened in my home state. :)

Christmasstar likes this.
  12. Christmasstar

Christmasstar one Crazy Canadian ! MMC Lifer

what a wonderful story thank you so much for sharing it.
    It is wonderful to bless others

13. JollyHeather

JollyHeather Mistletoeologist MMC Lifer Christmas Card Exchanger Christmas Talk Alum

Just early in the morning and tears are roling down my cheeks after reading this.
    This warms my heart and i'm glad we all live this spirit!

14. irishsnow

irishsnow Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer

I listened to this on a podcast at work yesterday. What a wonderful story.

JollyHeather likes this.