Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
So earlier this week I told you about being contacted from one of our old friends that we've worked with in the past with Santa's Sleigh. He is a pastor of a church in Oklahoma and he recently became aware of a single mother with three small children working two jobs who couldn't provide a Christmas for her kids -- and he asked if we could help.

We are pretty short this year so I was a little worried until he told me all it would take would be about $200 for this family. I sent him the money.

The ladies of his church went to work and this lady was extremely grateful. In fact she insisted on being able to send a thank you note. The pastor contacted me with this request and I refused, stating that Santa's Sleigh flies in the dark of night and gives anonymously. I told him that if she wanted to give thanks to find someone she could help in some small way to have a Merry Christmas.

She works for a fast food place and at the end of her shift on Wednesday her boss gave her a gift card. She decided to "pay it forward" and used the card to buy a meal for a car in the drive thru. That started a string that extended more than 80 cars. She stood in tears for nearly two hours after her shift as car after car paid for the car behind them -- amazed at how the giving of something so small spread so far.

She told her pastor that God was teaching her this Christmas.

He tells me, "Brother Westover, by helping her to receive you have also taught her to give. She is aglow with the Christmas spirit and I cannot contain her energy in trying to help others here this week. She is serving neighbors and asking at every opportunity what she can do to help. She is smiling when just weeks ago she was downcast and dreading Christmas. She is inspiring others now and I can feel so many around me giving to others because of gifts like yours. It is a blessed season. God bless you and your merry elves."

And that, boys and girls, is why we do this. Thank you for making this possible.

Last edited:

e_xander

Executive Producer, Tracking Santa
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
christmaspodcasts.com
Amazing....simply amazing....love seeing the true spirit of Christmas shine through!!

HollyJolly

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Jul 10, 2013
Christmas Station
www.twitter.com
AWESTRUCK!

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
So earlier this week I told you about being contacted from one of our old friends that we've worked with in the past with Santa's Sleigh. He is a pastor of a church in Oklahoma and he recently became aware of a single mother with three small children working two jobs who couldn't provide a Christmas for her kids -- and he asked if we could help.

We are pretty short this year so I was a little worried until he told me all it would take would be about $200 for this family. I sent him the money.

The ladies of his church went to work and this lady was extremely grateful. In fact she insisted on being able to send a thank you note. The pastor contacted me with this request and I refused, stating that Santa's Sleigh flies in the dark of night and gives anonymously. I told him that if she wanted to give thanks to find someone she could help in some small way to have a Merry Christmas.

She works for a fast food place and at the end of her shift on Wednesday her boss gave her a gift card. She decided to "pay it forward" and used the card to buy a meal for a car in the drive thru. That started a string that extended more than 80 cars. She stood in tears for nearly two hours after her shift as car after car paid for the car behind them -- amazed at how the giving of something so small spread so far.

She told her pastor that God was teaching her this Christmas.

He tells me, "Brother Westover, by helping her to receive you have also taught her to give. She is aglow with the Christmas spirit and I cannot contain her energy in trying to help others here this week. She is serving neighbors and asking at every opportunity what she can do to help. She is smiling when just weeks ago she was downcast and dreading Christmas. She is inspiring others now and I can feel so many around me giving to others because of gifts like yours. It is a blessed season. God bless you and your merry elves."

And that, boys and girls, is why we do this. Thank you for making this possible.
what a wonderful story thank you so much for sharing it.
It is wonderful to bless others

JollyHeather

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Sep 11, 2015
Netherlands
Just early in the morning and tears are roling down my cheeks after reading this.
This warms my heart and i'm glad we all live this spirit!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image