Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

The South's Largest coming to Nashville area

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by XmasDreams, Sep 24, 2019.

1. XmasDreams

XmasDreams North Pole Network Help MMC Lifer MMC Donor Christmas Crew ATC Alum

https://www.wkrn.com/news/local-news/the-souths-largest-christmas-retailer-coming-to-mt-juliet/

[​IMG]

News 2 continues to track the growth in and around Nashville.

The largest Christmas retailer in the South, The Incredible Christmas Place, has chosen Mt. Juliet for its second location.

On Tuesday, the retailer’s owners, local and state officials, and community members celebrated the store’s groundbreaking.

It’ll span 12,000 square feet of the Sellers Station Development along North Mt. Juliet Road.

The retailer’s original location in Pigeon Forge has brought Christmas cheer to millions of Tennesseans and tourists for the past 30 years.

“I think my mom and all her friends are really going to love it,” said Mt. Juliet resident Kelly VanHoven. “I have never understood the concept of year round Christmas in Gatlinburg, I don’t doubt the 65-plus that will have a good time with that.”

Barnes said it all began with a dream to spread Christmas cheer.

“We’re just so excited about opening up our new store in Mt. Juliet,” said Barnes. “It’s been a dream of ours for many years to open a second location.”

But key to making this dream come true – location.

Answering the call – Mt. Juliet Road, bringing lots of traffic and customers to follow.

The Pigeon Forge location alone brings in about 1.5 million visitors annually.

“I really believe with the proximity of the airport here in Nashville to Mt. Juliet, we’re going to see the same thing here,” said Barnes.

The traffic to come isn’t all good news.

“I think I’m a little torn, because traffic already, I don’t love it in Mt. Juliet,” said VanHoven.

But VanHoven said investing in her city just makes sense.

“After the Franklin and Brentwood that area, we’re next, and our property values are a lot lower, so it’s pretty logical,” she said.

“Let’s face it – Mt. Juliet’s already really well-known and we just want to do our part to brighten that star on the map a little bit more,” said Barnes.

The owner of the property, the Sellars family, will be building out the store.

It’s set to open in Summer of 2020.

RadioJonD likes this.
  2. wstaple

wstaple Tinsel Straightener MMC Premiere Member

Can’t wait! I live just south of Nashville in Franklin. I usually go to the one in Pigeon Forge every year, but now this one will be MUCH closer! I think my wife is a bit concerned....

XmasDreams and RadioJonD like this.
  3. RadioJonD

RadioJonD ♪♫Mistletoe Mix-ologist♫♪ MMC Lifer Christmas.com Alum Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum Kringle Radio DJ

Another reason to make the two hour and fifteen minute trip to Nash-Vegas! Mt. Juilet will be just a tad further, but what the heck!

The other two reasons are 'The Great Escape' & 'McKay's.'

Airs shows in Smyrna are usually pretty cool too!

XmasDreams likes this.
  4. NutcrackerGeek

NutcrackerGeek Reindeer Pooper Scooper Merry Forums Member