Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

The Various Traditional Christmas Dishes

Discussion in 'Christmas Food' started by Alisa Jonasson, Dec 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Alisa Jonasson

Alisa Jonasson Merry Forums Newbie MMC Member

In Finland, the Christmas dinner is eaten on the Christmas Eve, December 24th. Families and friends gather together to share the warm, festive atmosphere of the evening and enjoy the various traditional Christmas dishes.

Oven-baked ham, root vegetable casseroles, mixed beetroot salad, liver casserole and pâtés, meat aspics, gravlax or smoked salmon, fish roe and herring dishes form the basis of the traditional Finnish Christmas dinner.

Haileysnana2013 likes this.
  2. Marion Sanchez

Marion Sanchez Merry Forums Newbie MMC Member

Our traditional dishes on Christmas are Cranberry sauce, Green beans almadine, Waldorf salad, Cornbread dressing and cake.

Haileysnana2013 likes this.
  3. alarmedsilent

alarmedsilent Merry Forums Newbie MMC Member

Our traditional Christmas dish is Lasagna! Can't wait to taste it again.

4. Kerry Judge

Kerry Judge Christmas Fan MMC Member

Traditional dish includes cake, eggnog and turkey.

5. angelpugs

angelpugs Christmasologist Christmas Crew MMC Lifer Christmas Talk Alum

Christmas eve is our quiet family get together it's meat platters and little rolls,crackers and cheese platters and all the things i bake like cookies,i do a christmas cake and of course my confections which are sat around the room,we have chips & dips.Of course we have the eggnog and a christmas punch that has no alcohol as it's for the kids to and i have my christmas breads sliced up and we have hot chocolate and coffee.