MMC The Very Merry Dick Van Dyke

ElfBot

MMC Newshound
Oct 17, 2005
We have known for decades that Dick Van Dyke is a merry soul who can sing. But we have long lacked the great Hollywood Christmas musical or even Christmas music of Dick Van Dyke. We can’t say that any more. Now 92 and soon to be seen in screen again in the remake of Mary Poppins, Dick Van Dyke released a Christmas song in 2017 much to the delight of fans of all ages. “We’re Going Caroling” is an infectious little tune and the video of Van Dyke proves he still has the moves: The song, performed with Jane Lynch,Read more

The post The Very Merry Dick Van Dyke appeared first on My Merry Christmas.

Continue reading...

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Thanks for the news ... will have to watch the video when I get home!

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
Awesome I must say! Thank you for posting this. Mary Poppins is one of my favorite movies (I love the soundtrack too! )along with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and it's soundtrack.

Reactions: AuntieMistletoeDear

BexiBooWho

A real life Who!
MMC Member
Aug 23, 2018
Orlando, FL
This was the first thing I saw on the website when I signed up yesterday and it made my whole day! I always rather hear from the classic stars (even in their 90s) than today's Pop Stars...and I'm in my mid 20s so...I feel that's saying something!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
This was the first thing I saw on the website when I signed up yesterday and it made my whole day! I always rather hear from the classic stars (even in their 90s) than today's Pop Stars...and I'm in my mid 20s so...I feel that's saying something!
Good for you, Bexi! Mr. and I, our favorite entertainment dates back to the 1930s and 1940s---movies, music, old-time radio, etc. It's great to hear from a 20-something who even knows who Dick Van Dyke is!

Reactions: AuntieMistletoeDear

BexiBooWho

A real life Who!
MMC Member
Aug 23, 2018
Orlando, FL
I may cheat just a little as I was born into a family of performers and now have a degree in musical theatre and teach/choreograph for a high school theatre conservatory as well as performing regularly, but I have always been an old soul. I have some friends who don't know who the likes of Dick Van Dyke are and it hurts my soul. ALSO! My teens were watching a video of James Cagney today and they didn't know who he was! It was an incredibly sad moment for me!

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
Mr. ran into one who never heard of James Cagney ... [shudder]
And this will frighten you: Johnny Carson is ancient history.
(And what are we watching this week on TV? Our brand-new box set of Sid Caesar!)

I am having a terrific time putting together the new podcast that features a lot of artists from a certain year -- one not long ago. I wonder how many of those artists are unknown to today's youth. I tend to look at my kids as an exception because, as was just disclosed by Bexi, they too have had excellent exposure to great music and art and drama thanks to some outstanding educators and long family tradition. I take joy in that.

But I get very highly frustrated in my workplace -- where I am clearly the Ancient of Days -- and I have to hear things like, "Have you heard this song? It's by an amazing group called The Temptations".

I facepalm constantly.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I am having a terrific time putting together the new podcast that features a lot of artists from a certain year -- one not long ago. I wonder how many of those artists are unknown to today's youth. I tend to look at my kids as an exception because, as was just disclosed by Bexi, they too have had excellent exposure to great music and art and drama thanks to some outstanding educators and long family tradition. I take joy in that.

But I get very highly frustrated in my workplace -- where I am clearly the Ancient of Days -- and I have to hear things like, "Have you heard this song? It's by an amazing group called The Temptations".

I facepalm constantly.
Mr. once heard a youngster refer to the Beatles as "Paul McCartney's first group." Hand me my teeth, please ...

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image