Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

The Wrapping Paper Elf.........

Discussion in 'Traditions & Memories' started by sixofus, Nov 24, 2008.

1. sixofus

sixofus Christmas Fan Merry Forums Member

This is a tradition we started a couple of years ago.
    The first week of December, we take our four children to pick out wrapping paper. They each choose different rolls of paper; last year my oldest chose "A Christmas Story" paper, my second son chose Hot Wheels paper, my third son chose John Deere paper, and my daughter chose Frosty the Snowman paper. After the kids pick out their paper, they attach their Christmas lists to their rolls of paper with tape and put the paper and lists under the Christmas tree. During the night, the Wrapping Paper Elf comes and takes the wrapping paper and the Christmas lists to the North Pole to Santa Claus!
    Come Christmas morning, all the kids have to do is look for the gifts wrapped in their own special paper; no need to read tags (and no need for Santa to write any :D ).
    It has worked WONDERFULLY and the kids LOVE it!

Maebeary and MrsEd like this.
  2. CandyCanesnews

CandyCanesnews Limited Member MMC Emeritus Member

That is a great idea! Very Creative!

:merry:

3. NLxmasmom

NLxmasmom Reindeer Pooper Scooper Merry Forums Member

That is a great idea!!! Would work really nice with little kids that can't read yet.

This year I chose a paper for each of the kids (Simpsons for DS and Mickey Mouse for DD) that will be used to wrap their gift from Santa and the stocking stuffers. I also have 2 rolls each to wrap the other gifts in (blue for DS and red for DD) and 2 different rolls for DH and myself.

4. SparkleNana

SparkleNana MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

That is a sweet family tradition!

5. VeryWelshXmasLover

VeryWelshXmasLover MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

thats a lovely tradition!

6. Snow is falling...

Snow is falling... Twinkle Light Checker Merry Forums Member

Very nice idea :)

7. joyful

joyful MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

Nice idea and I know there is a very busy elf at your house on Christmas Eve.

I would always wrap each child's presents in one design, like one child had all snowman, one child teddy bears and so on. Then Christmas morning I would say all your gifts are in the snowman paper and etc. It worked beautifully, no more gifts that belonged to another child opened up by mistake.

Merry Christmas!

8. pkcrafty

pkcrafty MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

How fun! Thanks for sharing!:tree:

9. whitney37354

whitney37354 Rudolph's Groomer MMC Lifer

I love that! I only have one child, so I don't have that issue. My mom had three kids and she would go ahead and sort our gifts. We just had to sit at the spot she made for us!

10. Annette1990

Annette1990 MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

This is a great idea!

11. momnan30

momnan30 MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

FUN! What sweet memories they will have!

12. jack_skellington_fan

jack_skellington_fan Mistletoe Hanger Merry Forums Member

Aawwww..............thats a fantastic idea. Think I might do that with my little boy this year - hes 5 soon.

13. Mumof2

Mumof2 One Happy lil Elf MMC Lifer

cute idea.

14. MsChristmas

MsChristmas MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

That is such an awesome idea! I will have to remember that when my 2 son's are old enough to pick out their own paper and make a list cheesy!

15. made582

made582 MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole MMC Lifer Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

I love the idea. I will defintely tell my sisters about it.

16. Christmas24/7

Christmas24/7 Snowman Engineer MMC Lifer

That's a fun tradition! Our tradition is a little different at our house. Each child does have their own Santa paper, but Santa chooses it. (It always has Santas on it though). Anyway, we have 3 kids and each child's gifts are wrapped in the paper that is unique to them. A piece of that paper is put in their stocking and then on Christmas morning, they have to match the paper from their stocking to the gifts under the tree to figure out which gifts are theirs. Santa gifts never have name tags. :tree:

17. Santa's Helper

Santa's Helper MMC Emeritus Member MMC Emeritus Member

Very cute idea. If I had kids I might do that myself but, I don't. I'll tell my friends about it though. I'm sure it will be something that they can use.

18. Christmas-A-Holic

Christmas-A-Holic MMC Goodwill Ambassador MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew

Great idea!

19. Minta

Minta Charles Dickens' Editor MMC Lifer Christmas Crew

LOL! We do something very similar to that. Instead of putting a piece of the wrapping paper in their sticking, some of their stocking stuffers are wrapped in their special santa wrapping paper. They have to match up the wrapped stocking stuffers to the wrapped gifts under the tree. No name tags on the santa gifts at our house either.
    Only Santa themed wrapping paper is used on Santa gifts!

20. Petronius

Petronius Santa Clausologist Merry Forums Member

A marvelous method! Christmas wrapping paper has dozens and dozens of designs, prints, and patterns.

::wave::wave::wave:blinky::lippy:gifty6:gifty6