They threw me a coconut and.... (stories)

rodmonster

Santa's Personal Trainer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Jul 27, 2008
Va
Share any experiences you may have had during the season.
I will post some of our more memorable stories as well.

rodmonster

Santa's Personal Trainer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Jul 27, 2008
Va
Mardi Gras Stories

I am scanning in some pictures tonight...stories are no good without them!
=)

rodmonster

Santa's Personal Trainer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Jul 27, 2008
Va
Silly Mardi Gras Story 1

Okay - there are plenty of good story - of running to catch beads and some crazy things you may see or get while at a parade.
But a lot of the crazy stories involve the trip to or from or just the general experience.
I have a few goofy ones to share for trips then some funny ones about parades and balls and such later.

Story 1
Mooooooo (at bottom)

Story 2
Goose-Shield (coming later)

Story 3
Excessive Breaking (coming later)

So we are coming back from a parade one night and its nearly midnight.
I am driving and we have all had a nice time and are tired....
We are pulling into an upper class neighborhood to go through to get to our middle class neighborhood to go home....
The guy to the right of me goes... dude - a cow...
I am huh?
A cow!
I have no idea what he means.....
Stop!
So i do....
Now we had not been drinking ...but we were very tired.. so i ask him... You ok?
He says go in reverse...
Ummmmm
Dude - there is a cow....

Sure enough.... (picture below)

We get home and i call the cops and tell them what we saw and where it was...
VERY FIRST question from them.. sir are you coming from a parade and have you been drinking..
Sigh.. no .... for real...
Sir - If we come out there we can pull you up on charges for a false report...
No really its a cow!
So i give them the address and our number.
An hour later she calls back and apologizes for thinking i am drunk. Seems a cow had escaped from miles away on a ranch like area near that neighborhood and was walking around mooing at cars that passed by it all night...they found it eating grass in an upper class front yard.
=)

Santa's Helper

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 14, 2007
Out there
When cows go wild! I loved that story. That is too funny. Poor thing was mooing because she was trying to hitch a ride back home! I used to live next to a cow field and when they would break through the fence to get into that field they would moo and moo. They were excited about that fresh grass I guess! My little poodle used to go and jump around in the field with them and bark!!!

rodmonster

Santa's Personal Trainer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Jul 27, 2008
Va
Mardi Gras Stories 2 - Goose-Shield

Goose-Shield
So we are on our way back yet again - and this was the same week by the way.....

And its dinner time - so still some light out...

Listening to GnR and BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A brick hits the middle of the wind shield...

The girl driving pulls over and we are all kinda freaking out...
We look and there is no brick...

BUT A GOOSE!!!

Yes a goose flew directly into the windshield and cracked the whole thing.

It "kinda" got up and "kinda" wobbled off in to the field beside us.

So we went home and called her dad - who "kinda" didn't believe her. She must have told her dad the story 5 times back to back.

Can you believe that the insurance company ACTUALLY accepted the claim!

Who knew?
=)

Brings a whole new meaning to Throw Me Something!

Santa's Helper

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 14, 2007
Out there
Rod,
That story was unbelievable! It made me think back to something that happened when I was a kid. This has nothing to do with Mardi Gras except that, it was at a college and it could have been around Mardi Gras time. Who knows. Anyway, my dad was driving us past this college. It was his visitation with my brother and me and we usually always went somewhere fun. So, I'm sitting up front and my brother is in the back. Driving along to who knows where when all of a sudden, BAM! The windshield breaks and cracks in so many directions that it looks like a spider web! Which was funny because I seem to remember a spider on the hood of his car or something like that, similar to the bird on the hood of the firebird. Anyway, I'm scared to death and my dad is just trying to see to get the car pulled over but, he didn't know where to pull over at. Once he did we were outside of one of the dorms at the college and my dad got out to see the windshield and to get the police. Turns out some stupid college kids threw a water balloon out of their top floor window and hit our car with it, breaking the windshield! I remember he still drove with that windshield for a while. I don't know how he did that. The kids got caught because the cops figured out it was them because they were the only window with the blinds pulled so they started there first and they confessed. Flying birds, flying balloons, who would think? So, we did have something thrown to us, it just wasn't what we wanted.

rodmonster

Santa's Personal Trainer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Jul 27, 2008
Va
Excessive Breaking - Story 3

Ok - so we are coming back from Mardi Gras and its dark. My best friend is taking us back to his house through a back way - a neighborhood i have never been in. He is in the back seat with his girlfriend - so only giving me halfway decent directions. I start to slow at a stop sigh and he says - turn here. ... i pull up a little and say where... - HERE - ...dude... left or right?
Oh - umm either way is fine.... they both end up at the same place eventually ... sigh.. i pull through slowly and take a right... then i am driving a bit slow since i have no idea where i am..I slow down a little at each road sign looking for anything that i might recognize.
All of the sudden FROM no where TWO police cars pull around - one in front of me - one in back! Lights and sirens going.
I am am like.. what the crap!
Cops loud speaker us all to get out....
So we do... they question each of us and do sobriety tests on us... they see the beads and think we must be toasted.... NONE of us had been drinking... we were all easily under age in our teens..
So after 10 15 minutes they finally let the others get back in the car.

I go to the main 1 of the 4 cops and say - why were we pulled over?
He looks at the other cops and one pipes up - ummm - Excessive Breaking...
I was like - what?
Yes Excessive Breaking.. you are free to go now - get home quickly.

I got in the car and told the others... they thought i was making it up at first.....

My guess - THEY HAD ALL BEEN DRINKING!!!!

What a bunch of dingbats - thought they had a car full of drunk Mardi Gras Teens...

HA!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image